Loyalty Poll - To stir you up.

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.

Which town are you most interested in - Cast your vote

Ardrossan
31%
Saltcoats
39%
Stevenston
29%
Another town
2%

Total votes: 122

Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Loyalty Poll - To stir you up.

Post by Hughie »

Lets see where our loyalties lie. Vote for the town that most interests you - see above. :secret: The word is that Saltcoats will come last in the voting, Stevenston will run a close second to Ardrossan who I'm told will walk it in. :wink:

No one will know how you voted, and you don't have to post a comment, but it would be very welcome if you did. I've added "Another town' to help make our "friends of the three towns" feel at home. :)

You have until the end of September to vote for the town of your choice.

If you aren't already a member and wish to participate click here. to register - it's FREE
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Loyalty Poll - To stir you up.

Post by morag »

obviously, I chose Stevenston, but actually, all local and not so local events interest me. It's a smaller version of 'if America sneezes the world catches a cold.'
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
Alexmac442
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by Alexmac442 »

Help!! I actually lived in all three at some time or another. I have to choose Saltcoats as I stayed there first and have many happy childhood memories. My Mother (Came from Paisley) used to say that the Glesca holiday makers called it "Shitey Saltcoats" because of the old sewers running out to sea. Never bothered me, got the best mussels there!!!!
Alex
Myra Clugston
Settling In
Settling In

Post by Myra Clugston »

My Loyalty is Ardrossan for the schoolfriends I had spending the war years there. Stevenston next because I had relatives there. Last would be Saltcoats because of the 2 picture houses, the Pavillion & bathing pool. Now when I visit I stay in Irvine, Kilwinning or Stirling.
darashdi
New Poster
New Poster

Post by darashdi »

Although living by the beach in W.A. still have good memories of walking the prom from Ardrossan /Saltcoats/Stevenston...and still do each time going back to visit...
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Jeezo! Wee Fearless' mob are in the lead. 11-7-7. Early days. :wink:
Gracie229
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Gracie229 »

My great grandparents owned a butcher shop in New Street, Two of my Grandparents were born in Stevenston, My maternal grandparents lived in Mayville Street for 52 years, Both my parents were born in Stevenston, my Grandfather's brother operated a fish & chip shop and then an ironmonger shop in Stevenston, I attended Stevenston primary then Hayocks primary school, My paternal grandparents lived many years in High Road. My roots run very deep in lovely wee Stevenston and therefore my # 1 vote. Plenty of fond memories of Stevenston. Saltcoats- my second vote because we frequently went shopping to Saltcoats and had our Saturday afternoon refreshments at West End Cafe where I used to get up and do a dance to songs on the jukebox. (when I was a very young girl). Ardrossan my third vote because we used to visit my Nana's sister there and I loved visiting the tortoise they kept in their back yard. BTW -Thank you Threetowners for posting all those Stevenston old and new photos in your photo section. Some gave me a wee tear in the eye. I'm really very sentimental about the entire three towns area. Thank you for the question and allowing me to express some of my memories. - Grace in Toronto.
Aileen Shaw
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Aileen Shaw »

Hi
Although I live in Ardrossan, Stevenston has better memories so I must say, Stevenston 1st, 2nd, Ardrossan and then Salcoats.
Aileen.
jamesbissett
New Poster
New Poster

Post by jamesbissett »

Being from Kilwinning an outside view I love cycling in area like last month through stevenstons park across Railway crossing then past caravan park then Saltcaots forgotten promenade past cinema along front then up hill past South beach station then turn back home via high road at Ardrossan.
Ardrossan would get my vote as I tend to visit it most often for ferry trips even just stop watch themand eating out and memories as have Family in Ardrossan.
Jim
arrangazer
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by arrangazer »

I vote for Stevenson my Mother and sister live there as did lots of my ancesters, next would be Saltcoats,then Ardrossan.

Arrangazer
gerv
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by gerv »

Hughie
Coming from Stevenston and being a tap ender can ye cheat and vote twice?

:lol:

Ger
Robert Cook
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Robert Cook »

Count me in for Ardrossan. My Dad was an Ardrossanite and my mother was from Stinson. They used to banter back and forth on which was the better of the two and why. Saltcoats was the place to go for entertainment. When I was a kid we used to say if there was no Ardrossan or Stevenson there would be no Saltcoats as there was no industry there. Basically its all one big town now.