Coronavirus pandemic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Coronavirus pandemic

Post by bonzo »

His visa revoked again looks like the Serbian dancers will be back on the streets of Melbourne this weekend.
Those wimin were in the nip.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

As much as a great champion he is, surely he could have boarded a plane out and forget about this year. Now he faces a ban of 3 years??
I dont have the time of day for these Anti- Vaxxers.
Jim McCreadie
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Jim McCreadie »

He attempted to deflect by blaming his support team, stating his agent made an "administrative mistake" when filling out the travel declaration. However, that does not preclude him from personal responsibility; Section 98 of the Migration Act states it doesn't matter who completed the declaration or how, he is personally responsible for it which means he made a false and misleading statement on his declaration. Are we to believe the player did not check the details his agent allegedly wrote in the travel declaration before signing it?

Remember, the pandemic started from only one infected individual and the Australian Open is being held in Melbourne which has seen some of the most savage lock-downs in Australia. Therefore, I'm all for the expulsion of ANY non-Australian non-vaccinated individuals!
Q98
32.04'.04"S 115.48'30"E

"What language are you talking in now? It appears to be Bo**ocks."
Sarah
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Sarah »

Hear Hear..
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Three of my family caught covid in Scotland at Hogmanay. Myself, vaccinated, and two weans under 12, not vaccinated. We are all negative now and have had no consequences, but our holiday was spoiled. Our Hogmanay ball was cancelled the week before we arrived, no dancing allowed, only the dinner, seated.
After two years away, we were so looking forward to coming back to Saltcoats but we would have been better staying at home.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Son Jamie caught the virus on a flight back from Brisbane a few weeks ago, but he's all clear now, as is our grand-daughter who caught it on a flight from Darwin back to Melbourne. She's a flight attendant and now back on duty all over the country. We've all had our booster shots and our youngest 11yr has just had his first jab as it's back to school after the Summer holidays here.
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

I haven't had a booster jab, I've been told I have to wait at least 4 months after my negative covid test as It Is too near and could do me harm. Unfortunately I didnt have a PCR test and the rapid test Is not valid so I am not elegible for the super green pass which enables me to live my Life as before enjoying restaurantes, shopping, hairdressers, cinemas and Life in general. A sad state of affaires.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

George has just tested positive - went for a pcr test yesterday so that’s him grounded til next Friday earliest. I’m negative so I can escape out if I have a negative LFT test every morning for 7 days. George feels as if he’s got a really bad head cold with a sore throat, but paracetamol is taking care of that. Thank goodness this didn’t happen 18 months ago.

Meg
hahaya2004
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by hahaya2004 »

Sorry to hear that, Meg. I hope he has a speedy recovery.
"Gute Besserung"
Irene
The most important hour is always the present, the most significant person is the one opposite you right now, and the most necessary deed is always love. - Meister Eckhart (c.1260 - c.1328)
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

hahaya2004 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:31 pm Sorry to hear that, Meg. I hope he has a speedy recovery.
"Gute Besserung"
Irene
Danke Irene - he’s sleeping on the couch a lot which pleases the cats - they get somewhere warm to cozy up to. Rotten thing is, it’s me that’s been mixing with more people over the last two months and it’s him that gets infected.

M
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

I tested positive this morning - George is happy sharing with me :lol:

M
hahaya2004
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by hahaya2004 »

Gute Besserung to you too, Meg. :puter
Irene
The most important hour is always the present, the most significant person is the one opposite you right now, and the most necessary deed is always love. - Meister Eckhart (c.1260 - c.1328)