Pictures of Una Watt

Other photos that don’t fit elsewhere can be shown in this album.
Forum rules
Show photographs here, which don't fit elsewhere. Use a storage agent such as http://www.imgur.com - our forum attachment system has limited storage and therefore reserved for photos in our Threetowners' Photo Album.
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Pictures of Una Watt

Post by down south »

Una Watt was a Kilwinning lass who worked for a time alongside Canfactory at the RBS in Dockhead Street in the early 1970s. She had some success on the beauty contest circuit , including being the first Miss Ardrossan in 1970, and being runner-up to Miss Scotland.

We've made several references to her in the past, during which disappointment was expressed as to the lack of photos of her available online; but I was able to provide some of her time as Miss Ardrossan. I also have several more, and I thought I would gather them all here in one place for easy reference.

We start with those Miss Ardrossan photos. In both of these she's seen with our very own Meg, who was runner-up in the contest and was given the opportunity to also take part in several of the Civic Week events to which the contest was an accompaniment.

With the trophy :

And in the Civic Week parade :

There's also a photo of her with Provost Joe Mc Manus from 1972, receiving an award as memento of her reign :

We've also seen this one before; it shows her on the occasion of winning the 1971 contest to be Pipe Band Princess :

This appearance at a Co-op event was in May 1972. Sounds as though she had another title by then :

And last but not least, another picture from 1972.

Susan
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Pictures of Una Watt

Post by brian f »

Calm Down Guys. :wink:
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Pictures of Una Watt

Post by Hughie »

Thanks for that, Susan. I've shared with some Kilwinning friends. Showing a bit of leg there, Meg. //perfect