The return of Andy Murray

Talk about your sporting interests here - worldwide or local
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

The return of Andy Murray

Post by creamolafoam »

Strong rumour going around that Andy might be playing as early as next month at a couple of low key challenger events. Still recovering from his hip operation, but with this news, he must feel he is close to a return which will be great news for all Murray supporters & tennis fans in general.
His return will have a special significance as it could be in Glasgow as they have a new challenger event starting their for the first time.
Wish him all the best & hopefully he can get close to the form that has made him a three time grand slam winner. Interestingly, I have noticed Novak & Stan making returns recently & they are really struggling for form, so it could be a slow burner before we see Andy back at those heights.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: The return of Andy Murray

Post by brian f »

Well lets wish him good luck cream. Maybe a bit to early for the courts of Roland Garros.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

A lot of the press is saying today that Andy won't be ready for the start of the grass court season and is doubtful for Wimbledon.
Those wimin were in the nip.
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by creamolafoam »

His first scheduled event now is five wks away. Which is just before Wimbledon. Looking highly unlikely he will now play there which is a shame. Gonna be really tough for him to get back to anywhere near his best
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by creamolafoam »

Andy has confirmed he WILL play queens next wk. All good news I hope
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Don’t know if anyone else is watching this match between Andy and Kyrgios - but don’t know about Andy I’m exhausted just watching.....
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by creamolafoam »

Meg wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:38 pm Don’t know if anyone else is watching this match between Andy and Kyrgios - but don’t know about Andy I’m exhausted just watching.....
For his first game back in almost a yr, I think Andy exceeded all expectations even though he lost in a tight three setter to kyrgios. Welcome back.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Good to see Andy back. Kyrgios is an anomaly he's definitely got it but it's as if he doesn't want to use it. I know he's not a favourite of the aussie public and he really doesn't endear himself to fans.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

creamolafoam wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:45 pm
Meg wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:38 pm Don’t know if anyone else is watching this match between Andy and Kyrgios - but don’t know about Andy I’m exhausted just watching.....
For his first game back in almost a yr, I think Andy exceeded all expectations even though he lost in a tight three setter to kyrgios. Welcome back.
With the football on i forgot all about Andy - good to read he is back.
Glad i missed the match, After the England football match last night my nerves would not have handled it ..
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by sweet caroline »

Yes was surprised how well Andy played. That Kyrgios seems an oddball at times to me. Andy may play at Eastleigh.

SC
“He that has no fools, knaves, nor beggars in his family, was begot by a flash of lightning.” Thomas Fuller
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Murray wins today 6-1 6-3 against wawrinka.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Great news isn't it - next round????