The Scottish Premiership

Talk about your sporting interests here - worldwide or local
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: The Scottish Premiership

Post by Kittywake »

The little boy in the room seems to love the sound of his own voice, even though he's not saying much.
Last edited by Kittywake on Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Kittywake »

bonzo wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:41 am As I have said before I grew up supporting rangers now I just watch football. Old firm fans would take the joy out of Christmas, 2 cheeks of the same erse. Not for me.
I'm wondering why then you felt the need to start a thread like this as you must have known the majority of responses would predominantly be about Celtic and Rangers.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

There are 12 teams in the premiership Michael, personally I know and have known people from the 3 toons who support killie, Aberdeen, st Mirren, maybe hope rather than desperation.
Those wimin were in the nip.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

bonzo wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:42 pm What's everybody's thoughts? I can't see past celtic winning it. Don't think Rangers will be quite ready to challenge. Aberdeen will promise great things but bottle it towards the end.

At the other end I really fear for Kilmarnock think they'll struggle with all the youngsters they've brought in. Also I think Dundee will be in the mix for relegation.
Incidentally this was my opening post :smt102
Those wimin were in the nip.
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

Kittywake wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:26 am
To my mind, any reported involvement by King was probably calculated by him but is nothing more than a side issue here. As for protesters with large shareholdings being the driving force, no disrespect but I don't know where that came from.
Without wanting to drag this discussion on and not wishing to disrespect anyone, can I just point out that “Club 1872” which holds around 11% of shares in the club and represents 20000 supporters, are according to the press the ones driving this protest. They are the second biggest share holder of the club. They are I believe also in discussion with King regarding acquiring his shares, if this happens they will own 25% and be be the biggest shareholder of the club. This information is available in the media.
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

Kittywake wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:23 pm The little boy in the room seems to love the sound of his own voice, even though he's not saying much.
What is this meant to be?
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Kittywake »

meekan wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:54 am Without wanting to drag this discussion on and not wishing to disrespect anyone, can I just point out that “Club 1872” which holds around 11% of shares in the club and represents 20000 supporters, are according to the press the ones driving this protest. They are the second biggest share holder of the club. They are I believe also in discussion with King regarding acquiring his shares, if this happens they will own 25% and be be the biggest shareholder of the club. This information is available in the media.
Thanks for that info, I got the impression from a previous post of yours that the main protesters were maybe wealthy individuals with large shareholdings, whereas you say it is indeed actually a supporters group. Still can't get my head round why a bunch of supporters would put heavy pressure on their own Board to pull out of an off season mini tournament in Australia for which the Club had actually signed a contract to participate in and would earn them considerable income. I reckon there must be many thousands of Rangers fans in Oz who will feel extremely let down by this.

Any chance of providing a link to the media article(s) you're referring to, or maybe just the name's of the sources?
Last edited by Kittywake on Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Kittywake »

meekan wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:56 am
Kittywake wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:23 pm The little boy in the room seems to love the sound of his own voice, even though he's not saying much.
What is this meant to be?
Just an old saying I remember from my youth that pops into my head in certain situations.
Last edited by Kittywake on Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

Just search Club 1872 and you will get their details, their aims etc. Which I think may be to prevent the Whites and Greens And the likes of Ashleys having control of the club and running it into trouble again.
My guess as to why they don’t want Rangers to play is or was the way it was being marketed ie playing second fiddle to Celtic. I don’t know if that is correct but that is my take on what’s happening. I believe another of Club 1872’s aims is to provide some financial aid to buy players.
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

I agree that Aussie fans will be disappointed but where the old firm are concerned the rivalry is extremely bitter and the least slant in favour of one causes great resent from the other.
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Kittywake »

meekan wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:16 pm Just search Club 1872 and you will get their details, their aims etc. Which I think may be to prevent the Whites and Greens And the likes of Ashleys having control of the club and running it into trouble again. My guess as to why they don’t want Rangers to play is or was the way it was being marketed ie playing second fiddle to Celtic. I don’t know if that is correct but that is my take on what’s happening.
No disrespect but as far as I'm aware it was David Murray who led Rangers into deep trouble and the subsequent liquidation event was mainly a consequence of his actions. Also, playing second fiddle to Celtic seems a bit of a petty excuse to pull out of a money spinning tournament you had already signed a contract to play in.
meekan wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:22 pm I agree that Aussie fans will be disappointed but where the old firm are concerned the rivalry is extremely bitter and the least slant in favour of one causes great resent from the other.
I'm not quite sure if you're attempting to apportion some blame for this debacle onto Celtic there, but if so the facts clearly show otherwise. It's Rangers who are to blame for this and they should now be apologising to every supporter in Oz who they're fortunate enough to have.

I found a wee link that makes interesting reading. https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/r ... ar-AAVzcTU
Last edited by Kittywake on Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

Yes no doubt about it David Murray has a lot to answer.He was so desperate to get rid of Rangers, because his other business interests were in trouble, that anyone who had a £1 could buy the club. Craig White had that pound and took Rangers down the slippery slope to administration. Charles Green then sneaked on to the scene and took over the reigns in spite of “the three bears” being in pole position to take over. Mike Ashley then found a way in to line his pockets via Green.
And now we have the saviours Park and King in open war with each other caring not about the clubs reputation. It’s surprising the team is able to compete at all.
Interesting enough the whole thing could have been avoided if the tax people had presented the correct sum of tax due. The corrected tax demand was only a fraction of what was originally demanded and could have been managed easily.
I’m just wondering where you got the impression I was suggesting that Celtic should share the blame. If I gave that impression then I apologise I thought I was presenting the facts.