The Scottish Premiership

Talk about your sporting interests here - worldwide or local
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: The Scottish Premiership

Post by Kittywake »

meekan wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:44 pm Interesting enough the whole thing could have been avoided if the tax people had presented the correct sum of tax due. The corrected tax demand was only a fraction of what was originally demanded and could have been managed easily.
I’m just wondering where you got the impression I was suggesting that Celtic should share the blame. If I gave that impression then I apologise I thought I was presenting the facts.
Again no disrespect, I very much doubt though if the liquidation of Rangers FC would simply have been the result of an incorrect tax demand. Sure, there was a lot of potential liability speculation being widely reported in the media, but as far as I'm aware Rangers never actually entered into liquidation based on that.

I kinda got the impression you were attempting to involve Celtic in this when you spoke of the bitterness between both sets of supporters here in Scotland. I think Celtic in particular have acted in the utmost good faith regarding all their contractual obligations to the tournament organisers.
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

My initial comment was that all football clubs have fans who are bitter against those with different views to theirs. Tell me please where I said something about Celtic that singled them out for criticism.
I’ve said how I believe Rangers slipped into administration, but to be clear HM customs served rangers with a bill for £9M due since the takeover, which for whatever reason was not paid. HMC started the administration process. They were then put into liquidation revealing £55M owed to various places plus £79M to tax authorities, which was later revealed as incorrect. What made David Murray panic and sell was the threatened impending tax bill and the problems his other interests were in.
If you believe these are not the facts maybe you could set me straight and explain why you think they are wrong.
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Kittywake »

meekan wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:08 pm I’ve said how I believe Rangers slipped into administration, but to be clear HM customs served rangers with a bill for £9M due since the takeover, which for whatever reason was not paid. HMC started the administration process. They were then put into liquidation revealing £55M owed to various places plus £79M to tax authorities, which was later revealed as incorrect. What made David Murray panic and sell was the threatened impending tax bill and the problems his other interests were in.
If you believe these are not the facts maybe you could set me straight and explain why you think they are wrong.
You do know that that just sounds like smoke and mirrors stuff? :lol:
Last edited by Kittywake on Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

Am I correct or do you think something else happened?
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Good stuff guys

Kittywake- Consider mastermind- Favourite subject "Rangers"
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Kittywake »

brian f wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:01 pm Good stuff guys

No it's ok, your own lot are well capable of that themselves. :lol: :roll:

brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Kittywake wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:46 am
brian f wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:01 pm Good stuff guys

No it's ok, your own lot are well capable of that themselves. :lol: :roll:

That's the spirit... :wink:
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Kittywake »

I've always had spirit me. :wink:
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Kittywake »

bonzo wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:00 pm
bonzo wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:42 pm What's everybody's thoughts? I can't see past celtic winning it. Don't think Rangers will be quite ready to challenge. Aberdeen will promise great things but bottle it towards the end.

At the other end I really fear for Kilmarnock think they'll struggle with all the youngsters they've brought in. Also I think Dundee will be in the mix for relegation.
Incidentally this was my opening post :smt102
bonzo, the 'whataboutery' comment I made was only an attempt at humour, there wasn't any offence intended towards anyone. :puter
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Shaun Maloney sacked by Hibs, that didn't take long.
Those wimin were in the nip.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

bonzo wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:06 pm Shaun Maloney sacked by Hibs, that didn't take long.
After about 4 months that's ridiculous.

Watched second half Rangers B against Celtic B - Glasgow cup semi-final today live on you tube. Not an Union Jack or Tricolour in sight! How refreshing 😊
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Definitely a strange one, think killie better be prepared for a move on their manager.
Those wimin were in the nip.