Threetowners cycling thread

Talk about your sporting interests here - worldwide or local
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Threetowners cycling thread

Post by bonzo »

Past 2 days have been a couple of 20 milers both round about Troon way.
Those wimin were in the nip.
Bruce
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Bruce »

Haven’t been out for the last couple of weeks - but managed a wee trip this morning saltcoats-kilwinning via dubbs road - irvine low green - gailles - magnum - then home. About 20 miles in total. First half great, second half very wet.

Passed a group of cyclists on irvine moor, obviously some sort of club. One guy was riding a recumbent. Don’t know how good these things are, but he looked a bit ridiculous....
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

diznae matter how far you go Bruce it's the doing of it. In Irvine there is the Fullerton wheelers but I didn't think they were a weekend club might be wrong. Feet forward cycling is just wrong. Don't fancy ma chances of a car driver seeing me on one of them.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Its difficult to go different places when your limited to 2 or 3 hours cycling at a time. Anyway today headed out towards Loans double backed behind the paper mill to Shewalton and then to Drybridge and Dreghorn, past Perceton Row to the Staincastle, Benslie and back in to Kilwinning along to Stevenston,High Road in to Ardrossan turn back at the start of the North Shore,South Beach, The Braes back in to Stevenston round the quarry Dubbs Road and back to Castlepark. 35 miles all in cracking morning for it a wee bit of rain to keep you cool and a wee breeze to keep the beasties away.
Big Sanny
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Big Sanny »

Being a keen cyclist myself I really enjoy reading the postings on this "thread'.I must admit it has made me feel a bit envious/homesick when reading about the routes taken,especially the Largs/Millport run.
We have a good network of cycle routes here in South Wales,many of them very scenic,but none compares with what is available "up hame"!!! I must get the bike on the roof rack and head "hame" Keep the "postings" going!!!
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Sad to say, I canny go a bike..kept falling off, think an inner ear balance prob. But, heck, I could walk and did, miles! 8) (and never had a driver's licence and me in SoCal... :roll: :lol:
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Think I have an inner ear balance problem as well it usually happens on a Saturday when I drink a certain amber coloured liquid :lol:. Big Sanny let us know of some of your cycling exploits.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Well, it didn't help we never had 2 wheelers and my sis got the loan of one to get to work, but it was a 'boy's bike'. Actually, I came a cropper many times with her peddling our 3 wheeler and me sitting the haunlebars :lol:
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Today rain stopped play :lol: got absolutely drooned could hardly see where I was going. Back hame wae ma tail between ma legs and only 10 miles on the clock.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

This morning went a wee cycle I don't usually go and by the time I got hame I realized why not :lol: . Went into Kilwinning then to Dalry over to Saltcoats back to Stevenston then home. On a personal note that is the first time in 4 or 5 times of trying I have made it up the big hill out of Dalry in a wanner although my chain came off about 3/4 of the way up but I put it back on and was moving again so I'm claiming it :lol: .As I said at the start it's quite a sair cycle all the way back to Saltcoats constantly up hill was pretty glad when I got to Dalry Road ma legs were like jeely by then //funny Only 22 miles all in but hard work fae Dalry to Saltcoats. Think I'll gie that route a miss for another wee while.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

You need to vary the cycling excercise by adding a few lengths of the swimming pool. I should talk! Been a bit lazy recently. Still got my dookin' account but it's getting motivated to head down to the pool.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Went for a swim last Wednesday for the first time in about 6 years. Got bored after about 10 lengths and went and sat in the sauna. Incidentally I thought auchenharvie pool is getting a bit run doon. The sauna area is just a shower and a toilet all the seating area and the jacuzzi are closed you can't even get a drink of water.