Threetowners cycling thread

Talk about your sporting interests here - worldwide or local
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Threetowners cycling thread

Post by bonzo »

Today a wee blast doon tae Prestwick. There are a few bits of Troon shut off noo for the open. There's even more tents and stuff since the last time I was doon that way. Another 31 miles of rubber worn off the tyres.
Those wimin were in the nip.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

21 miles to just around Irvine and through to killie. I really need to learn to cycle with my mooth shut, the amount of beasties I've swallied this week is unreal. I must look like a right chookie cycling along boaking like naebodies business. On the subject of eating was cycling past the back of greenwood academy and the smell of the school dinners was amazing it's a smell that never leaves you. Finally, broke a spoke in my back wheel so a strip down tomorrow boo.
Last edited by bonzo on Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

bonzo wrote:21 miles to just around Irvine and through to killie. I really need to learn to cycle with my mooth shut, the amount of beasties I've swallied this week is unreal. I must look like a right chookie cycling along boaking like naebodies business. On the subject of eating was cycling past the back of greenwood academy and the smell of the school dinners was amazing it's a smell that never leaves you. Finally broke a spoke in my back wheel so a strip down tomorrow boo.
Sorry bonzo, that made me laugh...maybe you should wear one of those nose mooth masks? :lol:
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
MANBEAR
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by MANBEAR »

bonzo wrote:21 miles to just around Irvine and through to killie. I really need to learn to cycle with my mooth shut, the amount of beasties I've swallied this week is unreal. I must look like a right chookie cycling along boaking like naebodies business. On the subject of eating was cycling past the back of greenwood academy and the smell of the school dinners was amazing it's a smell that never leaves you. Finally broke a spoke in my back wheel so a strip down tomorrow boo.
I have a gas mask I could lend u to keep the beasties out :lol: :lol:
Keep the cycling up love to read where you have been only bike I had was a message bike with the basket and on a Wednesday afternoon used to go or try to go to Largs with my pal in the basket
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

morag wrote:
Sorry bonzo, that made me laugh...maybe you should wear one of those nose mooth masks? :lol:
Hahaha don't be sorry I think it's funny too. It would be OK if they tasted like chocolate. There's nothing worse you feel it hitting your mooth you spit and think your good and then the gag reflex kicks in hahaha.Manbear I was just imagining going in to a shop for a bottle of water with a gas mask on. The polis would be there before you got to the counter hahaha.
Bruce
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Bruce »

it’s all protein...
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

21 miles that's a doddle for you beasties or not :lol:
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

As long as it gets me over the 100 miles for week. First time I've managed it for a few weeks.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

I was to lazy at the weekend to fix my back wheel on my mountain bike so I took the hybrid out and decided to do some Road work. Headed to Kilwinning the up to the garnock viaduct, Blair Rd back to the cemetery then out to auchentiber. Then to the staincastle and out towards Stewarton cut off and down by perceton row in to Dreghorn. Out to Drybridge shewalton and round the back of the papermill back along the gailes Rd, beachpark, Moor and hame 31 miles. There was a good wee breeze so that kept the beasties at bay :lol:
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

You sound just as keen as I used to be about cycling, Bozo. Up until a few years ago I was a daily cyclist. I still do cycle - got an exercise bike.

Here is a conference bike I took a snap of in Saltcoats some years ago during a visit home. We could hire one and have a wee get-together while you pedal. :wink: :lol:

bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Hughie they have these type of bikes in Millport you can hire them out. In Hamburg I came across beer bikes these things are massive and only the barman /driver is sober :lol:

[utube][/utube]<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RcEIvDHJU9Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[utube][/utube]
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Nae cycling today just a good bit of work to my mountain bike. Replaced 3 spokes new break pads new tyres and a damn good clean.