Mr Clark, Art Teacher - Eglinton School (Feb 2000)

Archivist
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Mr Clark, Art Teacher - Eglinton School (Feb 2000)

Post by Archivist »

To: <threetowners@topica.com>
Sent: Monday, February 28, 2000
Subject: [3T] Mr Clark, Art Teacher

Hi Hughie
It was good to receive your message regarding Mr Clark the Art Teacher at Eglinton School. Did you know that he left Ardrossan and moved to Irvine Academy via Stevenston and was one of the founding members of the Harbour Arts Centre in Irvine along with Mr Shields (Gallashields) the geography teacher.

William Mc Kinnie a potted history
After finishing my training at Nottingham College of Art and my Teaching Certificate at Bolton College of Education.I obtained my First teaching post, teaching Basic Design.at Bolton College of Art. I moved from there to become the Social Tutor and run the Art department at Stocksbridge College Of Further Education Near Sheffield.
In 1975 I moved to Redhouse Comprehensive in Sunderland to become the Informal Education Tutor and teach art .

I was promoted in 1990 to Community Education Co-ordinator for the Central Division of Sunderland. I left in 1996 to become a full-time painter. I have exhibited in every major gallery in the North England. My painting "The last Shift" ( Miners bathing in the pit-head baths) was awarded best watercolour and the best painting in the 1999 Sunderland Art Gallery Summer Show. So I guess that makes me a LOCAL AWARD WINNING ARTIST!!

Now I find that I cannot keep up with demand only this week I sold my last painting in my women series" The Orange Blouse" to a woman client! and I am at the moment preparing my Millennium Series for Exhibition some time this year So your artistic talent must have rubbed of on me! Your creative Idea "The Threetowners "Has given me much pleasure and brought me nearer to home. It's wonderful meeting such a great bunch of people. We should all get together an give a talk on The new global village -the web
your classmate and friend Bill

To: <threetowners@topica.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 29, 2000
Subject: Re: [3T] Mr Clark, Art Teacher

Bill, Keep us informed when and if you exhibit on the web. I'm sure the theme of "The Last Shift" would strike a cord with many of the family researchers on the list - many having ancestors who where employed in the Stevenston mines.
Nice to hear from you.

Hugh McCallum
Melbourne