Local Milkmen (Jan 2000)

Archivist
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Local Milkmen (Jan 2000)

Post by Archivist »

To: <threetowners@topica.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2000

I know this going back a bit far for some, but does anybody remember the late 40's milkman Willie Reid? Willie delivered the milk in Saltcoats for the Co-Op on a horse and cart !! I can still smell that horse now !! Willie dropped off the milk and the horse usually dropped something else. Another milkman was Sanny Anderson but my memory is foggy.
bobg

Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2000

Hi. Hugh and All. bob mentioned Sanny Anderson! Well I worked with Sanny, About 1940, we did mostly the new houses,( that's what we called them) Dalry rd. Anderson dr. New england Rd. Etc. I can still see Sanny measuring the milk from the big cans, and the wee bottles of heavy cream, mark you I was only 14 yrs. old at the time, now I've gave my age away. T.T.F.N.
Jimmy Laughlan.

Sent: Saturday, January 22, 2000 8:45 PM

I had an Uncle called Willie Reid, i don't know if it the same one he was married to Cissie nee THompson and they adopted a son, my cousin Billy Reid, they have both passed on and the last I heard Billy lived in Sunbury near Melbourne.They lived a few doors down from the Co-op in Vernon Street.
regards Betty