Scotland Rugby Union team.

Talk about your sporting interests here - worldwide or local
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Scotland Rugby Union team.

Post by brian f »

Good luck to the Bonny in the Six Nation fixtures which starts this week.

Scotland start away to Ireland on Sunday 15:00.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Scotland Rugby Union team.

Post by brian f »

No good, Ireland 22 Scotland 6 :oops:

Next game is against England at Murrayfield this Saturday at 17.00.

I will not be watching .

The best team on the planet,most of the time is the All Blacks,( New Zealand ) population just over 4 million .

No excuses :smt102
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

I'm with you Brian..stopped watching my fave teams..thought I was a jinx. Seems they manage to screw themselves royally anyway. :(
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

Want to know why they're rubbish?

Watch the team when they play the anthem. They're just not bl***y interested. They've been like that for years.

At the weekend, the Irish team were giving it laldy. (the Welsh are even better), No surprise that they won.

A very disheartened JD.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Thanks for your reply JD, The performance of the Scotland team was dreadful.

Regarding the singing of the anthems , 6 out of the starting team of 15 was born and bread outside of Scotland.

For political reasons at least 4 of the Irish team chose not to sing Irish anthems.

Migration of sports personnel is rampant now , sadly it is for financial benefits.
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

brian f wrote:Regarding the singing of the anthems , 6 out of the starting team of 15 was born and bread outside of Scotland. For political reasons at least 4 of the Irish team chose not to sing Irish anthems.
Hi Brian, thanks for this. I think you added to my point very clearly.

I didn't realise that there were so many non home-born Scots involved, and if the 4 Irish were so politically principled as not to feel able to sing the anthem, what in the name of all that's sensible were they doing in the team in the first place?

An even more disheartened, and even disgusted, JD.

Think I'll start supporting England :evil:
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

John Donnelly wrote:Want to know why they're rubbish?

Watch the team when they play the anthem. They're just not bl***y interested. They've been like that for years.

At the weekend, the Irish team were giving it laldy. (the Welsh are even better), No surprise that they won.

A very disheartened JD.
I watched the game yesterday against France, JD, Scotland was winning until the last couple of minutes.
:cry: the entire 80 minutes the atmosphere was similar to a morgue only blighted by the cries of Allez les blues.

Scotland 17 France 19.
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

I haven't watched a Scottish game for years, football or rugby.

It's partly the BBC's fault for not keeping the rights to broadcast them, though to be fair, the fees asked by the football, etc. authorities are outrageous. We only get BBC here, no ITV.

The other reason is apathy. - Never thought I'd need to say that. I used to be glued to the telly when they were playing. You know what ex-pats are like; - more Catholic than the Pope !!

I often feel like a traitor, or at the very least, a fair weather supporter, but when you see or hear about their woeful efforts, it softens the feeling.

JD.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Vern cotter to be replaced by gregor townsend as head coach next June.
Those wimin were in the nip.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

With respect to gregor townsend , he was a fine player for the national team and also had various coaching roles for Scotland under numerous head coaches, for me he brings nothing new to the table.
Scotland RFU should be thinking along the lines of employing Englishman Ben Ryan in some sort of capacity before some other country employs him. Ben is the man who coached Fiji rugby sevens to victory when they romped to victory to win Olympic gold recently.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Don't know about Ryan although his management skills would be transferable ,going on to coach a full international team as apposed to 7s is a totally different game.

Townsend as transformed Glasgow over the past 3 years and hopefully he can continue on with the work cotter has laid down. Personally I would have liked to see vern given another contract.
Those wimin were in the nip.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

bonzo wrote:Don't know about Ryan although his management skills would be transferable ,going on to coach a full international team as apposed to 7s is a totally different game.

Townsend as transformed Glasgow over the past 3 years and hopefully he can continue on with the work cotter has laid down. Personally I would have liked to see vern given another contract.
True- 7s to 15 international is a big step up bonzo - but what have we got to loose..