Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Wilfrid J. Seggie

Post by Hughie »

Kilmarnock Herald and Ayrshire Gazette
November 29, 1940

Enlistment

An application by Mr Wilfrid J. Seggie, Ardrossan Academy, for release from his teaching duties for the duration of the war in order to accept an appointment as an Experimental Chemical Assistant for which he is being considered by the Ministry of Supply in view of his having been required to place his name on their Central Register.

Mr Seggie has already been called up by the R.A.F. and is now on deferred service with liability to be placed on active service within the next two months. In view of the circumstances indicated it was agreed to grant Mr Seggie permission to accept the appointment referred to if offered.
gnyaff
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Wilfrid J. Seggie

Post by gnyaff »

I remember Mr. he taught me English one term and we had him for Religious Instruction another term. He often told stories about his time in the RAF.
he was a bit of a chain smoker and his nickname was Wiff, named after Wills Wiffs as far as I am aware.

There was also another Mr. Seggie at Ardrossan Academy who taught woodwork. They were not related. This one was nicknamed Daft Alec. I do remember seeing in the Ardrossan and Saltcoats Herald a mention of his retirement after 37 years there and he had never had a day of through sickness or for any other reason.

Wee Boney
gnyaff
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by gnyaff »

Missed out the word Seggie in the first line after MR.

Wee Boney, must be the dementia.
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

Although I wasn’t taught by her I seem to remember a Mrs Seggie at Eglinton school would she be related to one of the Ardrossan Academy people?
hahaya2004
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by hahaya2004 »

That was Alec Seggie, Meekan. He and his wife were friends of my aunt and uncle.
The most important hour is always the present, the most significant person is the one opposite you right now, and the most necessary deed is always love. - Meister Eckhart (c.1260 - c.1328)
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

This is a photograph of Mrs Seggie: -
Attachments
Mrs Seggie.PNG
Mrs Seggie.PNG (54.94 KiB) Viewed 3990 times
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.