Turn back time

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Turn back time

Post by meekan »

Playing football on the street, and getting annoyed if a car passed, temporarily suspending the game. Playing rounders, kick the can or British Bulldog in the quiet street.( very few cars on the road in those days.)
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Penny Tray wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:19 am Moving to a brand new council house with all the modern amenities - WRINGER, PULLEY, and LARDER.
My maw loved her pulley still had it into the 2000s. She was gutted when she got a new kitchen :lol:
Those wimin were in the nip.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Great drying today so did a couple of loads of washing, and whilst hanging out jeans, I remembered getting my first pair of denims out of H E Rowe in Saltcoats and how every time they were washed, they had to be s t r e t c h e d to regain the 2” shrunk in the wash. Don’t have to do that now thank goodness - anybody else get their jeans out of Rowes?
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Hi, Meg, hope your good!
I can't remember buying jeans out of Rowes, but i might of bought a swallow raincoat in the shop. And round the corner i bought Terry brogues cannot remember the name of that shoe shop. Also in Countess street a wee gents shop opened later and purchased a few short sleeve button up tops .. i thought i was the buisness.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Definitely bought jeans from Rowes also stay press troosers (remember them?). Rowes split into 2 shops if I remember, H E Rowes and Rowesport with the sports shop eventually taking over.
Those wimin were in the nip.
exile
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by exile »

Oh yes, Rowe's and the sta-press troosers, and being assured (...aye, son, these is a' the rage noo...)
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

The small tin of Andrews

Instant -Happiness
stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by stivis »

Penny Tray wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:13 pm Also visited the Regal, La Scala, and Countess in Saltcoat. I think Stevenston had two cinemas, but I was never there.
The Grange and the DeLux