The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Post by bonzo »

What about the nick of the Aussie goalie in the penalties :lol:
Those wimin were in the nip.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Awbudy watching Glastonbury? I did not expect that..
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

bonzo wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:35 pm Awbudy watching Glastonbury? I did not expect that..
There’s life in the old dog yet eh?
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

We’re just back from a week in Menorca and I was just thinking how much damage has been done by us leaving Europe - it must be the biggest act of self harm a country has ever inflicted on itself - and for what …
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

I've no desire to be drawn into politics, but I'm just back from a fortnight in Tenerife and don't know what you're referring to.

I've been going back and forward to this Spanish territory for years and the ony difference I noticed was that my passport, which has always been checked, was stamped on the way in and out as opposed to merely perused. There were no delays because of this and airport efficiency was first class.

The big difference I noticed was the damage Covid has done - favourite restaurants closed, others changed hands, and many of the waiters and waitresses, whom I've got to know personally, gone.

And the only disappointment was on arrival back at our own Glasgow International Airport where, believe it or not, there were no baggage handlers available to unload our plane at 5.30 a.m.. It's hard to believe, but that was the case. We were effectively held prisoner in Scotland because we didn't have our baggage and Customs officials wouldn't let anyone leave the airport without it. And when we finally got our baggage and passed through the Customs channels they had apparently gone home themselves, leaving no one to be checked.

Goodness knows what foreign visitors must think if they're subjected to this sort of thing.
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Kyrgios- Is mentioned a few times on the forum.What a match that was this evening as he defeated the Greek- Tsitsipas to go through to the second week. Lit up Wimbledon for me.

He is not everybody's cup of tea.. i know that.
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Thoroughly enjoyed the game today between the British Liam Broady and the australian Alex de Minaur. First class tennis.
I expect the finale to be between Nadal and Djocovic which i will not be watching as they are not my favorite players.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

brian f wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:38 pm Kyrgios- Is mentioned a few times on the forum.What a match that was this evening as he defeated the Greek- Tsitsipas to go through to the second week. Lit up Wimbledon for me.

He is not everybody's cup of tea.. i know that.
I'm sorry Brian but he's a petulant erse, no fur me. Cannae see him winning a major.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Thoroughly enjoying watching the news over the past day or so, almost as good as the tennis :lol:
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

bonzo wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:39 pm Thoroughly enjoying watching the news over the past day or so, almost as good as the tennis :lol:
Worth getting popcorn in for :wink:
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Penny Tray wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:46 pm I've no desire to be drawn into politics, but I'm just back from a fortnight in Tenerife and don't know what you're referring to.

I've been going back and forward to this Spanish territory for years and the ony difference I noticed was that my passport, which has always been checked, was stamped on the way in and out as opposed to merely perused. There were no delays because of this and airport efficiency was first class.

The big difference I noticed was the damage Covid has done - favourite restaurants closed, others changed hands, and many of the waiters and waitresses, whom I've got to know personally, gone.

And the only disappointment was on arrival back at our own Glasgow International Airport where, believe it or not, there were no baggage handlers available to unload our plane at 5.30 a.m.. It's hard to believe, but that was the case. We were effectively held prisoner in Scotland because we didn't have our baggage and Customs officials wouldn't let anyone leave the airport without it. And when we finally got our baggage and passed through the Customs channels they had apparently gone home themselves, leaving no one to be checked.

Goodness knows what foreign visitors must think if they're subjected to this sort of thing.
The pile up of unclaimed luggage at Edinburgh Airport Is very worrying. I have put any thoughts of holidays on hold until its all settled and back to normale. My grandaughter, rather than fly to Edinburgh and lose her luggage took a Flight to Palma de Majorca and from there to good old Prestwick.
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Just had my third vaccine against covid. The omicron vaccine. No reaction so fare.
Surely It will be the last.