Flags of Ukraine

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Flags of Ukraine

Post by stivis »

I noticed today between Stevenston and Largs about eight Flags of Ukraine been flown,
Unusual that in years I have only seen about three Catalonia flags , I do know of course it's a different situation
exile
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Flags of Ukraine

Post by exile »

stivis wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:32 pm I noticed today between Stevenston and Largs about eight Flags of Ukraine been flown,
Unusual that in years I have only seen about three Catalonia flags , I do know of course it's a different situation
I'm intrigued - why would Catalonia flags be flown in Ayrshire?
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Might have something to do with Independence?

Watching the Scottish grand national from Ayr on the tv on Saturday - i noticed a tricolour flag consisting of three equal horizontal fields: white on the top, blue in the middle, and red on the bottom hanging from one of the council house windows.
hahaya2004
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by hahaya2004 »

brian f wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:07 am i noticed a tricolour flag consisting of three equal horizontal fields: white on the top, blue in the middle, and red on the bottom hanging from one of the council house windows.
If there was nothing else on it, then that was a Russian flag, Brian.
The most important hour is always the present, the most significant person is the one opposite you right now, and the most necessary deed is always love. - Meister Eckhart (c.1260 - c.1328)
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

hahaya2004 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:17 pm
brian f wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:07 am i noticed a tricolour flag consisting of three equal horizontal fields: white on the top, blue in the middle, and red on the bottom hanging from one of the council house windows.
If there was nothing else on it, then that was a Russian flag, Brian.

Yes, thanks hayaya2004 i knew that. In hindsight i should have quoted the previous post, although i try to avoid that when possible.
stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by stivis »

It is symbol of solidarity with the people of the Ukraine

Catalonia is slightly different in that they want independence, Ukraine is independent and has been invaded
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

stivis wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:19 pm It is symbol of solidarity with the people of the Ukraine

Catalonia is slightly different in that they want independence, Ukraine is independent and has been invaded
Catalonia did vote for independence, the Spanish government stamped it out.
Those wimin were in the nip.