Three Towns drone images

Show the photographs you've taken in this album.
Forum rules
Here you can show the photographs you've taken. Use a storage agent such as https://www.imgur.com - our forum attachment system has limited storage and therefore reserved for photos in our Threetowners' Photo Album.
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Three Towns drone images

Post by down south »

Thank you both !

Susan
iain
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by iain »

A drone flight over the brownfield land behind Stevenston Industrial Estate. This includes the footprint of the former Nylon Plant, which is now a green waste disposal facility. In total, there are about 40 hectares (100 acres) of brownfield footprint here.
iain
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by iain »

A photo of the former Shell site in Ardrossan. It's of course been in the news recently owing the controversial plans to build the new Ardrossan Academy there.

I took video footage, but the forum appears to no longer allow me to add videos using the 'media' BBCode.

Iain
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

iain wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:15 pm I took video footage, but the forum appears to no longer allow me to add videos using the 'media' BBCode.
Seem to be working now, Iain. Might have been a glitch at the server.
iain
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by iain »

The error 'You cannot use certain BBCodes: media.' still appears when I try to post videos, so I post below some stills from drone footage I took today in the Ardeer Peninsula sand dune system. (Hughie, perhaps I'm being silly, but I suspect my messaging system is also playing-up: I tried to send a couple of messages to you about this media issue, but neither appears in my Sent folder or Outbox.)

Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Hi Iain,
Check your PM's. If you're having problems there, see bottom of this page to make contact.
iain
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by iain »

Many thanks, Hughie - that's it working now.

Here's the footage of the former Shell site, North Crescent, Seafield School, etc.

Also, here's the footage from the Ardeer Peninsula sand dune system.
iain
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by iain »

Some recent drone footage of the Ardeer Peninsula’s beach, estuary (which forms its eastern edge) and saltmarsh.

iain
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by iain »

A drone flyover of the construction of the new ASN school on the playing fields at Auchenharvie.

creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by creamolafoam »

iain wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:39 pm A drone flyover of the construction of the new ASN school on the playing fields at Auchenharvie.

Ridiculous the amount of green space lost for this project. Great filming from the drone sir :hi:
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Well filmed, Iain. Never realised they were going to use so much land for this project. I remember playing football there a few times back in the sixties for Ardeer Foundry.
iain
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by iain »

I visited Ayrshire recently and had time to take some drone footage. Below is drone footage of Stevenston taken from near the town centre.