Null

Computer questions and any issues you have with these forums.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Null

Post by brian f »

Can anyone help me out? This weekend i seem to be receiving numerous calls on my wee mobile. It rings for a second or two then cuts off. When i look at the number it has (Number is Null). Do i have a secret admirer or is it something more Sinister. :?
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Null

Post by Kittywake »

brian f, I've never had that one before, but it might just be some sort of computer generated scam call. I sometimes get scamming calls etc and if the number isn't withheld then I just block it. If it continues then you could always try contacting your phone service provider (not easy during this lockdown) who might be able to help or give you a possible explanation etc.

On a lighter note, if the message ever says 'Null and Void' then there's a good chance the culprit is wearing blue tinted specs and knows every single line of the Tina Turner hit 'Simply the Best' :)
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

Brian for sometime now I get the same sort of rings as you describe from all over the world. On speaking to my provider the best help they could be was to change my number. I preferred to keep my number so I just block them and so far this has reduced the number of calls but has not completely eliminated them. I had to get provider to block all outgoing international calls from my phone as I had occasionally mistakenly called back and got an unwanted bill.
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Kittywake »

meekan wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:40 am I had to get provider to block all outgoing international calls from my phone as I had occasionally mistakenly called back and got an unwanted bill.
Yes, that's one of many trick's used by the scammers. They sometimes try to dupe folk into calling them back on a certain number, usually a 'Premium Rate' one, which charges far in excess of any reasonable amount per minute for the call.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Thanks, Kittywake and Meekan for the replies. I have had no calls today so i will wait and hope that's the end of these nasties. Phoning Virgin mobile for any fault is a total nightmare.. i think there call centres are based in outer Mongolia.. i can't understand a word they say and at times i often just end up hanging up.I have a spending cap set very low just in case i get caught out regarding any fraudsters and using the phone abroad unaware of the charges etc

Her Highness :) was getting really paranoid about these calls probably thinking i had a dirty Wummin on the go.

I Wish :lol: