Archivist
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

A very small world (Aug 1999)

Post by Archivist »

To: <threetowners@iList.net>
Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 1999

Hi to everyone
I wanted to write and share with everyone an amazing event that has happened because of this site. I have tried for a lengthy period of time to get the books on Saltcoats, Ardrossan and Stevenston. When I made the request on this site I got a number of offers of assistance. I started to communicate with Jean who said she could send the books to me and that she had a friend in Australia that could send the money via the bank. Unfortunately her friend did not live near me and the best way was to send a bank draft. When I asked for the address to send it to she gave me my Uncle and Aunt's old address, both whom are now deceased. At first I thought WHAT. I had stayed in that house when on holiday. When I wrote and told her this she then told me that she had worked with my Aunt and that my Uncle had trained both her father and husband in their jobs.

Even more I am miles away in Australia and live about 65kms from Adelaide and Jean has visited my town twice. Next time I hope that she will stop longer than a day visit.

Some may not find this amazing but I do. So now I am very excitingly awaiting the arrival of my books, as is my Auntie Alice and Uncle Billy. And my thanks go to Jean in Scotland and this site. I am sure that Jean and I will continue to write to each other.
Mary