Rules, Guidelines & Information
- Use the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) link at the top of this page if you are having problems with this board. If this doesn't resolve your problem click on the 'Contact Admin' link at the bottom of this page.
- Post in the correct forum on the board. Please read the forum descriptions before posting to ensure you're posting in the correct forum. We are very forgiving on this matter but would appreciate your assistance.
- New topics. Use a descriptive title for the subject heading. In other words give the reader a clue in the title what your post is about.
- No smut or profanities. Threetowners is geared toward a general audience and therefore posts that are sexual in nature, pornographic or generally offensive are unwelcome. Obscene, vulgar or racist posts will not be tolerated.
- No Flaming. Flaming includes, but is not limited to: Ridiculing, insulting, or demeaning another member or group of members. Offending posts may be, edited, moved or deleted, or topics may be locked at the discretion of the administrator or moderators. Offenders will be warned, and those failing to heed such a warning may be banned by the administrator for a stated period.
- No "Libellous" Posts. Opinions are expected, but don't make posts that could be considered libellous, defamatory, or post merely to cause harm to another person, organisation or business.
- Objectionable Posts. While the administrator and moderators will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable posts as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrator, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.
- Public posts debating these rules and/or moderators' enforcement of such, may be removed without comment. However, we encourage feedback and invite you to contact the administrator if you have any concerns.
- Don't overuse quoting.If your post immediately follows the post you are replying to then there might be no need to quote at all. If quoting is required consider quoting only that part of a post you are replying to.
- Don't overuse text formatting. Use text formatting only where it adds something to the meaning of your posts - but sparingly, eg italics for stress or for titles. Don’t post in upper case - this is SHOUTING and is considered rude - same goes for postings all in bold, colours or large fonts.
10a. In our threetowners' Lounge please don't post in the vernacular (Ye ken whit a mean).
- Signature restrictions apply. Signatures should be no more than six lines of normal size text. To help faster loading of topics, please don’t insert over-sized, flashing or overly animated images in your signature. Subtle promotion of a member's own site, or the promotion of a site of a member's interest is allowed, but only in the signatures of those members who have a history of regular contributions to our forums - in other words, you have to earn this privilege, which may be subject to the Administrator's approval. If in doubt contact Admin at: firstname.lastname@example.org....
- No spamming. Spam is not tolerated here under any circumstance. Users may not promote their own site through their posts, such posts will be considered spam. The Moderators reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as spam, etc. is up to the moderators not users.
- Animated avatars. User defined avatars which are animated or flashing are an unwelcome distraction and therefore not allowed.
- Don't abuse the Private Messaging system. The above forum rules where applicable also apply to private messaging. Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to the revocation of the privilege.
- Uploading Images. There are limitations, please read this post before uploading images. In the past, images unrelated to the three towns have been uploaded by members using our disc space. We reserve the right to move such images to an image hosting service.
- Warning & Banning. Our bulletin board uses the warning and banning system which is built into our software. If the Administrator or a Moderator feels a poster has broken a rule, that poster will be warned. Normally it will be three strikes (warnings) over a six month period and the offender will be banned for a stated period at the discretion of the staff. If we consider it's a serious breach of the rules the offender could be banned immediately for a stated period. This rule will also apply to posts in the moderation queue - they will be deemed to have been posted. Please also note Rule 8.
- Naturally these Rules and guidelines will be subject to amendments and additions from time to time.