Central School Ardrossan 1953 - class photo

Post about your old school - ask about old school pals
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Central School Ardrossan 1953 - class photo

Post by Hughie »

Central School Ardrossan Class 3a/3b 1953 - Source : Joan Carry

Back row L to R : Sam McCulloch, George Anderson, ?.
Mr Trainer, John Taylor, Harry Salmonds, Karl Westland, John Behan, ?, Mr Prendergas.
Collette Young, ?, Alice Mc Farlane, Mary Dalton.
Janet Mc Culloch, Cecila Hand, Loretta Marchetti, Betty Palmer, Lilah Jardine, ?, Marion Mc Quade, ?,
?, ?, Rose Welsh, Danny Mc Mail.
Lynda
leading Poster
leading Poster

Re: Central School Ardrossan 1953 - class photo

Post by Lynda »

Hi hughie

Rose welsh is my aunt.I took this through for her too see and she told me all the names of everyone in the class which surprised me as she now has dementia and cant remeber a lot. boy did this make her smile
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

That's lovely, Lynda. It's funny (or not) how we can remember years ago easier than last week.
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
Lynda
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by Lynda »

I know what you mean morag.She can go back to when they stayed in castle road then beggs terrace tell you who the neighbours were and all that but cant remember who was in seeing her the night before.Its such a horrid disease both for the one who has it and the family
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

God bless and hang in there lady, my prayers are with you! :D
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
maggie T
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by maggie T »

Lynda,I know Rose,from School and i think Ardeer,as well.I know her sister blondie very well.The last time i saw Rose.was when she was going to St ,Peters,Chapel .,one of blondies grandchildren,were making there communion.
Although I hadnt seen Rose for years,she hadnt changed that much.Its a shame to hear about the Dementia.
Its a good photo,know a lot off faces,Loretta,Marchetti,Cecila,Hand,And a few more girls sadly no longer here.
cathie
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

Post by cathie »

Regarding the School pic it's not Rose Welsh it's Margaret Rose Welsh she was Blondies sister Blondie died a few years back Margaret doesn't have dementia she's my dad's cousin and I see her every Sunday at st.peters church she travels from Irvine on a Sunday she's very on the ball with her memory I will tell her I posted this Cathie x
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

Just a general query here, but where exactly in Ardrossan was this school located and would it have had any connection to St. Peter's Secondary school in South Crescent Rd which was demolished a number of years ago ?
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

Yes Michael, I believe it was the old name for St Peter's school from the 1930s to the 1950s.

Susan
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

down south wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:47 pm Yes Michael, I believe it was the old name for St Peter's school from the 1930s to the 1950s.

Susan
I had a wee feeling that might be the case, down south, as there were some pointer's in the photo that led me to think that.

The first was the class names of 3a and 3b - I attended St Peter's in the late 60's and was in classes 1a, 2a and 3a respectively.
Then there was 'Mr Trainer' who I thought may be a younger version of the Pat Trainer who was the head teacher when I was there - his face certainly looked familiar.
Also, the sandstone brickwork, the door and position of the window on the right just seemed to remind me a lot of St Pete's.
gabihenderson98
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

Post by gabihenderson98 »

Have just came across this photo whilst trying to find some pictures online of my mums side of family for our family tree,
I am Lillah Jardine's grandaughter, she died in august 1994 4 years before I was born, if anyone has any more school pictures or pictures of Lillah in general i'd love to see!
thanks