The Scottish Premiership

Talk about your sporting interests here - worldwide or local
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: The Scottish Premiership

Post by John Donnelly »

Nothing will change in Scottish Football until all the 'Auchenshoogle' Celtic and Rangers Supporters Clubs are abolished, and the locals support their local teams.

JD.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

John Donnelly wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:37 pm Nothing will change in Scottish Football until all the 'Auchenshoogle' Celtic and Rangers Supporters Clubs are abolished, and the locals support their local teams.

JD.
But Auchenshuggle is near Celtic Park John - they are supporting their local team :wink: In fact, I think it was the 64 Auchenshuggle bus the fans took from the centre of the town on match days.
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

Meg wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:20 pm
John Donnelly wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:37 pm Nothing will change in Scottish Football until all the 'Auchenshoogle' Celtic and Rangers Supporters Clubs are abolished, and the locals support their local teams.

JD.
But (delete Auchenshuggle), (insert Auchterrmuchtie or any other place-name you like) is near Celtic Park John - they are supporting their local team :wink: In fact, I think it was the 64 Auchenshuggle bus the fans took from the centre of the town on match days.
See the lengths some folk will go to to manage to avoid the point. :lol:

JD.
exile
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by exile »

Kittywake wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:17 am but then attempts to make us believe there's a difference between them and the Scottish Premiership. Nonsense. :)
Hardly nonsense - there are major differences:
.In the last 20 years, the Dutch, German, Spanish, and German leagues have each had 5 different winners, and the French have had 8, while Scotland has had 2 in almost 40 years.
.The gulf between the Big 2 and the rest is, as the man says, permanently unbridgeable, but despite dominating in Scotland, who could deny they would instantly fall into "the rest" in any of the national leagues mentioned?
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Odsonne Edouard scored a hat-rick today for Celtic who thrashed Hamilton 5-1. Some player that guy, if Alfredo is worth 20 million, how much for him?
Spoiler
The mind boggles :P
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Kittywake »

exile wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:13 pm
Kittywake wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:17 am but then attempts to make us believe there's a difference between them and the Scottish Premiership. Nonsense. :)
Hardly nonsense - there are major differences:
.In the last 20 years, the Dutch, German, Spanish, and German leagues have each had 5 different winners, and the French have had 8, while Scotland has had 2 in almost 40 years.
.The gulf between the Big 2 and the rest is, as the man says, permanently unbridgeable, but despite dominating in Scotland, who could deny they would instantly fall into "the rest" in any of the national leagues mentioned?
exile, I think you've misunderstood my point. Ewan Murray wrote this in his article ... "Germany and Italy have domestic football monopolies but Bayern Munich and Juventus are among the finest sides in Europe." and that's mainly what I was referring to in the wee snippet you've quoted me on. The fact that Bayern and Juventus are among Europe's finest is irrelevant. Also, he never mentioned Spain or France and the only time he mentioned the Dutch league was when he was suggesting they were looking to merge with their Belgian counterparts.

Of course the quality in our Premiership isn't at the same standard as some top European leagues, that goes without saying. :)
Last edited by Kittywake on Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Kittywake »

meekan wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:51 am Kitty wake
I agree with every word you say but wouldn’t it be nice if there was real competition from all areas of the league?
Yes meekan, of course it would.
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Kittywake »

brian f wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:01 am Who knows Kittywake - But one thing is certain- it will be one of the two .. 8)
brian f, It'll be Interesting to see what transpire's this season. Here's oor Billy with a funny wee story, :)

Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

What’s the views on players breaking the agreed rules on self isolating? The Aberdeen players were a bit stupid, I thought - but this player’s behaviour is just plain dangerous.

Scottish football’s return to action following the coronavirus shutdown has been thrown further into disarray after it emerged Celtic defender Boli Bolingoli took a secret trip to Spain and failed to self-isolate on his return.
The left-back came off the bench during Celtic’s 1-1 Scottish Premiership draw with Kilmarnock.

I know he has tested negative, but he could have infected all 22 players, referee and linesmen on the pitch.
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

Meg,
There is still a lot of people out there who don’t believe
a) that there is a deadly virus in our midst.
b) that if there is it won’t infect them or their loved ones
Regarding the Celtic player was he not missed at training and who blew the whistle on him?
I refuse to use the bar in my golf club because of the attitude of some of the responsible people in the committee.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

meekan wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:43 am
Regarding the Celtic player was he not missed at training and who blew the whistle on him?
He went away for the weekend I believe - so there wasnt any training - and I think he was recognised on the beach.
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Kittywake »

From what I can gather from today's paper the Celtic players were given a couple of days off at the start of last week and knew they were also expected to follow existing government plus club policy re Covid during that time.
Can't see Bolingoli having any sort of future at Celtic now, especially after team manager Neil Lennon literally described him as a reprehensible, underhand, selfish rogue.