Aussie Beef Pie

Post your recipes here. Please use *newtopic* for each recipe.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Aussie Beef Pie

Post by brian f »

Hughie wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:47 am Thanks, Brian. Looks great! I'll come back to this when I next make a steak pie. :puter
More than welcome Hughie. I hope your mens kitchen gets back to normal. Its very beneficial for your family and Bobbys and others :)
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

brian f wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:43 pm I hope your mens kitchen gets back to normal. Its very beneficial for your family and Bobbys and others :)
Bobby and I started back in our men's kitchen on Wednesday and made a lovely chicken curry. Usually we have twelve in attendance but we were very happy with six men and one lady. I'll see if I can add an image of the curry - we had two fry pans going. I never took a copy of the recipe. :|

bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

We have the recipe, Hugh. Did Betty like it?
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

bobnetau wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:40 pm We have the recipe, Hugh. Did Betty like it?
Yes she did, Netta. We had it Wednesday and Thursday with rice. :)
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Hughie- That curry looks so good, plenty of sauce for the nan bread :)

As an aside as some call it.. Where was the first curry you have ever enjoyed in a restuarant? Mine was in a chinese in Hamilton street.. think it was near Cavanis but not sure. I had a wee yankee up in the bookies across from the Victoria Bar -so i treated a few pals .Middle seventies ... the good old years :D
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Good question Brian, I'd say Blackpool in the late 80s. Had wanted to try Indian food for years before but I didn't know what to try, one of my mates knew the score and I followed his lead :lol:
This also reminded me of another restaurant story. I was about 12 and me and my pal had got money for Christmas so we decided to go for a sit down Chinese ( the one above the kandy bar in saltcoats). We ordered spare ribs as a starter, they arrived along with little bowls of liquid which we duly drank and yes it was for washing your hands //funny
Those wimin were in the nip.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

First real Indian Curry - the Indian Restaurant underneath the Heilanman’s Umbrella in Glasgow 1971! Otherwise a Vesta Beef Curry out of Liptons when I was about 14. Thought I was sooooo cosmopolitan //funny