Any board members in this team photo?

Upload your three towns photographs here - people or places.
Forum rules
Post photographs here, which depict places or people in or from the three towns. You are welcome to upload direct from your computer to this album.
cadoganman
Settling In
Settling In

Any board members in this team photo?

Post by cadoganman »

This is a photo of a successful Saltcoats United under 18 team from about 1968. They won the the local under 18 league and league cup that year. The team was started by Tommy Brady of Saltcoats and Tommy Lafferty of Stevenston both sadly passed. Reuben Glen was the cold sponge man. There are I believe 10 Saltcoats, 4 Stevenston and 1 Ardrossan man in the picture. I'll post the ones I can remember after the weekend, meanwhile have a guess.
Attachments
phpuFlohMPM.jpg
cadoganman
Settling In
Settling In

Re: Any board members recognise them now?

Post by cadoganman »

cadoganman wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:14 pm This is a photo of a successful Saltcoats United under 18 team from about 1968. They won the the local under 18 league and league cup that year. The team was started by Tommy Brady of Saltcoats and Tommy Lafferty of Stevenston both sadly passed. Reuben Glen was the cold sponge man. There are I believe 10 Saltcoats, 4 Stevenston and 1 Ardrossan man in the picture. I'll post the ones I can remember after the weekend, meanwhile have a guess.
The team names (as best remembered) Saltcoats in bold script
Back row: unknown, Kenny Ferguson Steve Cochran (both Stev.), Charlie Stewart, John Sheean (Ard.)
Middle row: Pat Houston, unknown,unknown, uknown, Billy Dale, Kenny Francie (Stev.)
Front row: Stevie Reid, Andy Reid(Stev.) Tim Reid, Ronnie Dunn, Norrie ?, Wilson Boyle
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Any board members in this team photo?

Post by Hughie »

I was thinking Norrie Ford, but he'd have been a few yew years older.
http://www.threetowners.com/recollections/
cadoganman
Settling In
Settling In

Post by cadoganman »

All I can recall about that lad was that he was only turned 17 and went to Ardrossan academy
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Did Pat Houston stay in the Dugtrack (Hillside st)?
Those wimin were in the nip.
cadoganman
Settling In
Settling In

Post by cadoganman »

bonzo wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:00 pm Did Pat Houston stay in the Dugtrack (Hillside st)?
Since posting this picture I've since been informed that Pat died a few years ago. For as long as I can remember before I left saltcoats I always new him to stay in the flats at Quay St. Saltcoats. Good footballer.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Think it must be the same Pat Houston, just spoke to my sister who said he died a few years ago. He was a neighbour of ours, took me to my first Scotland game when I was a wean. Didn't know he had passed away.
Those wimin were in the nip.