The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Post by brian f »

Evening, bonzo- Have you ever had a pint in the pubs of West Kilbride ? You don't often hear any news of the town. Is it a posh place..the only time I have been in it was travelling through on the train to Largs.

Megs, Pictures of Scotland with the photo of the Horses on the beach at Seamill got me thinking. Have a great evening :)
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Seamill aye Brian but not up the hill in west kilbride. There was a disco we used to go to in the Glenbride hotel(I think) in the 80s and also my auld auntie was in an auld folks home in Seamill and I used to take her to the Inverclyde?? Hotel for a couple of hawfs.
Those wimin were in the nip.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Was that the hydro the footballers place. And I forgot to say in my previous - Regards to Mrs b :hi:
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Aye, Celtic went there before cup finals and if I remember correctly.

Cheers Brian :good:
Those wimin were in the nip.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Thinking! Youngest son married 21 years... Oh my God, where did the time go. :shock:

brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Hughie is that Jamie the golfer and his lovely wife :)
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Yes, That's them, Brian. :)
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Just received a Christmas card airmailed from friends in Australia posted 5th December. Bet the £10.00 travellers made it faster than that :wink:
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

Meg wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:36 am Just received a Christmas card airmailed from friends in Australia posted 5th December. Bet the £10.00 travellers made it faster than that :wink:
Meg, our niece posted a card to us from South Australia to Victoria 4 years ago and we are still waiting for it to arrive.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

bobnetau wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:04 pm
Meg wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:36 am Just received a Christmas card airmailed from friends in Australia posted 5th December. Bet the £10.00 travellers made it faster than that :wink:
Meg, our niece posted a card to us from South Australia to Victoria 4 years ago and we are still waiting for it to arrive.
Oh Netta - I wonder where the lost mail goes? My Christmas card to my son in Reading never arrived either. Properly addressed, with a return address on the back. Hope you and Bobby are doing ok. We are surviving on plague island. For the last three days we’ve had the equivalent of 18 jumbo jets crashing into the ground and not a peep from Johnson - oh he did say via a televised SHORT interview - there would be more deaths. Going to the supermarket is sooooooo stressful.

Megx
Max
Settling In
Settling In

Post by Max »

glenshena wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:56 am So sad to see that another three of my favourite shops in Saltcoats are selling up. Namely MacKays, now M&Co, and Crawfords card shop, both in Dockhead Street, which I have frequented since the 1960's as far as I can remember. But to see Avanti's in Hamilton closing too is a real shame. They served the best coffee in Saltcoats. The owner, Vanna, such a nice person, knew all her customers personally and always had a wee chat with whoever came in. Her husband Jim - the chef - also had a smile for everyone. In their case it's retirement, just as her brother in Del Greco's cafe' opposite the post office who closed last year. Like Cavani's cafe' there are no buyers, and to see all of these Saltcoats shops lying empty is quite depressing.
Saltcoats is beginning to loose it's appeal. Suppose its the same in most Ayrshire towns now. Everyone having their holidays abroad for guaranteed good weather, and preferring the shopping malls to small town shops. Or the Covid pandemic has been the last straw for these businesses. So sad.
I just checked with one of my old school pals whose wife works at M&Co, it’s apparently not closed for good.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Meg wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:55 am
bobnetau wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:04 pm
Oh Netta - I wonder where the lost mail goes? My Christmas card to my son in Reading never arrived either. Properly addressed, with a return address on the back. Hope you and Bobby are doing ok. We are surviving on plague island. For the last three days we’ve had the equivalent of 18 jumbo jets crashing into the ground and not a peep from Johnson - oh he did say via a televised SHORT interview - there would be more deaths. Going to the supermarket is sooooooo stressful.

Megx
Hi, Meg, Most missing letters are unfortunately put through the wrong letterbox. Postcodes are so essential as the letter sorting machine will sort it to the correct Walk- Those without the postcode will often end up as rejects and will be manually sorted and at Xmas pressure Royal Mail hire casuals who with respect are not as efficient as the regulars and mistakes are often made. This of course is not an excuse for the postperson on the regular round posting wrong addressed items of mail as I often receive.

I take it you are not a fan of online delivery .. Tesco works for me and at £7.99 a month for unlimited works well for me .