The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
Retsum
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Re: The ... What are you doing or thinking right now - Topic

Post by Retsum »

I like your ideas Meg. Leaders would need to choose their constituency carefully - Sarwar would have been out on his ear! I'm not a Labour supporter but I think there is a place for a strong Scottish Labour Party within an independent Scotland. I wish he would detach the Scottish party from Westminster. He appears to be a big improvement on recent predecessors.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Retsum wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:09 pm I like your ideas Meg. Leaders would need to choose their constituency carefully - Sarwar would have been out on his ear! I'm not a Labour supporter but I think there is a place for a strong Scottish Labour Party within an independent Scotland. I wish he would detach the Scottish party from Westminster. He appears to be a big improvement on recent predecessors.
Post independence, SNP policy has always been a caretaker government and a general election within 2 years. The parties taking part in that election will all have to have their head offices registered in Scotland - I think there will be a centre left party, a centre right party and probably a Green Party. There will be a few eejit peripherals like Galloway but by that time there will be a draft constitution and all parties will be able to ratify and adopt this after the general election, and the new government is formed. I believe a PR method for elections will be adopted and our present method amended as necessary. Imagine - a written constitution at long last. Roll on…

As for sarwar - I agree - he’ll have to acknowledge that over 55% of his supporters want independence and won’t go back to Labour until he and the SLP break away from the London party. He’s a much better leader than whatsisname Leonard. One wee thing niggles - why is the Labour Party being run by millionaires who at one time would have been regarded as tories - the party if full of them? What happened to the charismatic working man’s hero?
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Why- Have i not seen Mr Blackford on the news recently. Is somebody keeping him quiet.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

brian f wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:26 pm Why- Have i not seen Mr Blackford on the news recently. Is somebody keeping him quiet.
Westminster is a bit inconsequential at the moment Brian - bet you’ve seen Mrs Sturgeon a few times though :wink:
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Yes i have Meg- Would love to know what coffee she is on... bet its not decaffeinated.
Maybe, Nicola takes to much on she should let others take the strain sometimes. But then again "they" breed the lassies tough in Irvine.🙅 :lol:
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

What a wonderful place Scotland

Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Surprised last week when Bobby McCubbin and I left our men's kitchen here in Oz to find this parked next to my car. Seen a few old firm stickers over the years, and even seen a car with a Sunday Mail sticker saying "I'm a Real Scot from Ardrossan" - that was some years ago and I found out later the car owner was actually a relative of mine though unknown to me at that time.
:puter

John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

When I was living in London at the back-end of the 60's, I saw a big green American car for sale in a showroom; CLT1C.
If I had the money, I would have bought it and sold it in Glasgow. I'd have made a few bob on the deal, I think.

JD.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Our neighbour in Ardrossan owned the reg no. MAG 1C - which was eventually owned by Paul Daniels I believe. My full name being Margaret Anne Gordon, would have been magic for me :wink:
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

The first personalised reg.no. I remember, and I was still at St Mick's was POT 80. It belonged to the wholesale potato merchant McDowall from Porten Cross.

JD.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Eurovision have spoken //funny
Those wimin were in the nip.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Had a rather good evening sitting in the back garden.. . Have a great weekend everybody..those down South watch out for the mice :)