Coronavirus pandemic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Coronavirus pandemic

Post by brian f »

Have you noticed on the street- people are engaging again. And it's not the weather. :hi:
GordMac
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by GordMac »

The local radio news was reporting on the virus,then played Queen’s “Another one bites the dust”.Fills the country with confidence or a sick sense of humour.
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

I cant believe GB want to employ the 'Herd' method as a way of controlling this terrible virus. All over Europe schools, restaurants and bars are closed to prevent spread. Even in America. Whats Britain thinking about? Surely the people of GB must object to what would only be a 'massacre' of the British population. Surely Boris Johnson is not agreeing to this?.
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

Herd method ???

JD.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

JD, I think it means people catching it and building up immunity.
Those wimin were in the nip.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

glenshena wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:44 pm Surely Boris Johnson is not agreeing to this?.
It’s his plan Jean - he made the announcement on Thursday - feels more like a planned cull of the over 65s and those who are frail and dependent on the NHS. I’m starting to get a bit nervous - we’re only three weeks behind Italy on the progress of the virus but tackling it in such an absolute slap dash way.
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

I think it's insane.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Looks like the pubs are going to shut down after next weekend.
Those wimin were in the nip.
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

Ref Meg's remark that she's starting to get a bit nervous. I've been that for more than a week now.
Since today, we here in NL are in virtual lockdown; almost everything is closing except food shops and chemists.
Just got an email that my golf club is closed until 6 April.
We have got a full pantry and freezer, so we'll be pulling up the drawbridge for a wee while; - mabe not such a wee while.
Keep well everybody. Be sensible.

An unhappy JD.
exile
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by exile »

I'm not sure if there's anything worse in the ugly scenes of teetering trolley, "to-hell-with-you" panic buying than these same idiots stripping the Gluten-Free aisles of product - things they'd never normally touch.
People with Coeliac disease, like my son-in-law & sister-in-law, depend on these products daily just to live their lives, and now they can't find them any more.
No words...
Bruce
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Bruce »

My daughter was up early today - baby woke early, so she had no choice - and she ventured out to the supermarket to pick up some milk, baby milk and nappies.

She arrived at Morrisons in Stevenston just as it was opening. Already a queue of about 20 people at the door. No baby milk (well, not the type she was looking for) or nappies.

Headed along to Tesco in Saltcoats, then Asda in Ardrossan. Same story. People are obviously panic buying.

Stopped at the wee Nisa store in Hamilton St. Plenty of baby milk, plenty of nappies, and toilet roll stacked to the ceiling!

Shop local.
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

Heard on social media that Ventolin was difficult to source so decided I should try and get another script made up for Bob. First Pharmacy had none and didn’t know when they would get more so headed back to our normal one. Got the last 2 .
Hopefully Bobby can keep his asthma under control till we get back to normal .
He already is in the age group that are likely to be affected but also has a compromised immune system and cardi vascular issues.
Lucky we and our neighbours look out for each other.
Stay safe everyone