Coronavirus pandemic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
User avatar
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 10315
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:42 am
Location: Australia Formerly Ardrossan
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus pandemic

Post by Hughie » Sat May 01, 2021 12:36 pm

Wife got her first AstraZeneca jab yesterday and complained of a slight headache this morning, but reading the literature suppled and talking to her pals put her at ease. I can't get my first dose till later as I've just had my flu jag the other day - when did we change that to jab?

glenshena
Heid Poster
Heid Poster
Posts: 948
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:29 pm

Re: Coronavirus pandemic

Post by glenshena » Sun May 02, 2021 9:29 am

I got my first jab on Thursday. Moderna (American). Apart from some pain in the arm the next day I've had no symptoms. Next jab end of May. Then I get a green passport so hopefully can start to travel again.

User avatar
gnyaff
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster
Posts: 1162
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 12:07 pm
Location: Deception Bay, Queensland

Re: Coronavirus pandemic

Post by gnyaff » Mon May 03, 2021 1:23 am

Hi Hughie,

You can tell the boss that headaches are common with the Astra vaccine, I had my first on the 7th April and had a headache in the afternoon. I was bad the following morning so I went back to the doctor about it and told her I have never had a headache in my life and now I'm in quite a bot of pain, She told it is quite common common with the vaccine and there are around 40% of people have the headache. If it was still there in the morning to come back. It was gone in the morning, I have my next one on Wednesday morning, hope I don't get another headache.

Wee Boney

User avatar
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster
Posts: 1848
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:29 am

Re: Coronavirus pandemic

Post by bobnetau » Mon May 03, 2021 5:21 am

glenshena wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 9:29 am
I got my first jab on Thursday. Moderna (American). Apart from some pain in the arm the next day I've had no symptoms. Next jab end of May. Then I get a green passport so hopefully can start to travel again.
Don’t you have to wait 12 weeks between first and second jab.
I had my first on 10th April and have to wait till end of June for 2nd

User avatar
Sarah
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster
Posts: 1055
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:46 am

Re: Coronavirus pandemic

Post by Sarah » Mon May 03, 2021 6:46 am

Had mine last week no problems with it couldn't even feel where the Jab was...

glenshena
Heid Poster
Heid Poster
Posts: 948
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:29 pm

Re: Coronavirus pandemic

Post by glenshena » Mon May 03, 2021 7:18 am

Netta 12 weeks seems an awful long time. In Europe it's just a four week wait. Wee Boney, the doctor told me if I had any symptoms after the jab to take Paracetamol. Thankfully not been necessary. Hughie, Jab or Jag, not much difference. Not like the USA where they say 'Have you had your 'shot' yet'.

User avatar
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster
Posts: 1848
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:29 am

Re: Coronavirus pandemic

Post by bobnetau » Mon May 03, 2021 8:43 am

Perhaps different states in Australia have different rules about how soon you can get your 2nd vaccination as I see Wee Boney is getting his sooner in Queensland.

brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster
Posts: 3038
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:25 pm

Re: Coronavirus pandemic

Post by brian f » Mon May 03, 2021 8:50 am

Just looking at my NHS vaccination card - First jab was on 2/3 my second will be on 24/5. Do the maths....🤔

User avatar
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster
Posts: 1848
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:29 am

Re: Coronavirus pandemic

Post by bobnetau » Mon May 03, 2021 9:02 am

brian f wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 8:50 am
Just looking at my NHS vaccination card - First jab was on 2/3 my second will be on 24/5. Do the maths....🤔
If my maths is right 12 weeks?
Had mine on 10th April and 2nd due after 27th June

brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster
Posts: 3038
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:25 pm

Re: Coronavirus pandemic

Post by brian f » Mon May 03, 2021 9:40 am

Thats, correct Netta

Boney, Actually surprised the doctor seen you... its almost impossible to get an appointment with a doctor in England. For example i phoned the surgery as i expected i had Arthur- Itus last month. Doctor phoned me back and said what do you want physio or pain relief (ie ) ibuprofen. It would be easier to break into a bank than to gain access to a surgery.

User avatar
Meg
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 5669
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:18 am
Location: Formerly Ardrossan, now Ayr

Re: Coronavirus pandemic

Post by Meg » Mon May 03, 2021 9:58 am

bobnetau wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 9:02 am
brian f wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 8:50 am
Just looking at my NHS vaccination card - First jab was on 2/3 my second will be on 24/5. Do the maths....🤔
If my maths is right 12 weeks?
Had mine on 10th April and 2nd due after 27th June
Netta - we were 10 weeks between - my niece in the US waited 3 weeks.

User avatar
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster
Posts: 1848
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:29 am

Re: Coronavirus pandemic

Post by bobnetau » Mon May 03, 2021 11:58 am

brian f wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 9:40 am
Thats, correct Netta

Boney, Actually surprised the doctor seen you... its almost impossible to get an appointment with a doctor in England. For example i phoned the surgery as i expected i had Arthur- Itus last month. Doctor phoned me back and said what do you want physio or pain relief (ie ) ibuprofen. It would be easier to break into a bank than to gain access to a surgery.
Brian, we find it quite easy to see our GPs here. We can book an appointment online or by telephone.
I usually do an online booking then phone when they open to see if I can get an earlier app.
Because Bob has a autoimmune condition his GP will usually fit him in if I ask.

Post Reply