Coronavirus pandemic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Coronavirus pandemic

Post by bobnetau »

Permit needed, but may mean quarantine coming in . Al has to be back for work 27th Dec so not looking like they are coming. But Al is checking permits just in case.
I would be happier if they didn’t come as you don’t know who they will be bumping into in airports.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Fingers crossed for you Netta - my son has decided not to travel up for Christmas he doesn’t want to put us at any risk - first time ever he won’t be with us.

Mx
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

North Ayrshire seems to be becoming the Scottish virus hotspot - the difference between the North and South Ayrshires is scary - as of yesterday’s Scot Gov web page the 7 days figs are as follows

North Ayrshire 264 positive cases - approx 195.9 positive cases/100,000 population
South Ayrshire 134 positive cases - approx 119 positive cases/100,000 population.

Not looking great for post Christmas 3rd wave.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Probably a lot to do with North Ayrshire being left a level below east and south and people coming here shopping etc. I certainly noticed car parks around Irvine a lot busier when I was walking home from work.
Those wimin were in the nip.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Not so sure about that Bonzo as M&S, Next, MandCo, and Primark were all open in Kilmarnock and Ayr - Next put bedding in the window so were considered “essential” - the others did something similar. Thing is, it’s Ardrossan North west, then Beith that are the highest in all NAC, with Irvine coming in the middle. Strange, unless it’s house parties?
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

bonzo wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:37 pm Probably a lot to do with North Ayrshire being left a level below east and south and people coming here shopping etc. I certainly noticed car parks around Irvine a lot busier when I was walking home from work.
I couldn't understand the reasoning, leaving North Ayrshire surrounded by levels above and having to, if need be, to travel to East or South Ayrshire hospitals. To me the sensible thing would be all areas covered by Ayrshire and Arran health board to be on the same level. Too simple.
I agree with Bonzo a lot of non local people from wherever in the area doing shopping.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Could it have been busier because people couldnt travel to Ayr or Kilmarnock, so had to shop local. As much as I love Ardrossan - I can’t imagine anyone coming from south or east Ayrshire to shop in the 3ts.

We are down to 9 new cases today - north Ayrshire 24 - I really am dreading January - it’s the longest month of the year - and I think we will all be in level 4 lockdown after the Christmas parties. There must be some obscure movies on Netflix I haven’t watched yet :lol:
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Meg wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:19 pm Could it have been busier because people couldnt travel to Ayr or Kilmarnock, so had to shop local. As much as I love Ardrossan - I can’t imagine anyone coming from south or east Ayrshire to shop in the 3ts.

We are down to 9 new cases today - north Ayrshire 24 - I really am dreading January - it’s the longest month of the year - and I think we will all be in level 4 lockdown after the Christmas parties. There must be some obscure movies on Netflix I haven’t watched yet :lol:
Yes, Meg, January is a dreary month...but let's not forget what your George posted a few years back it's Winter Solstice on Monday ..more daylight to come for us in the North. :)
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

brian f wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:18 pm Yes, Meg, January is a dreary month...but let's not forget what your George posted a few years back it's Winter Solstice on Monday ..more daylight to come for us in the North. :)
Yes Brian - we were just talking about that the other day. Someone told me once that the difference is something like 2 and a half mins a day spread between morning and night. I love when we get to 5 o’clock and there’s still daylight in the sky. Roll on......
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Aw well level 4 from boxing day, don't understand why we don't just bite the bullet and do it from Monday morning.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

The Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine has been approved, starting to be rolled out from the 4th January.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

bonzo wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:47 am The Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine has been approved, starting to be rolled out from the 4th January.
Roll on - I’ll be there, sleeve rolled up. I really do want my life back. George and I should have been leaving for Oz next Monday - we started sketching out a plan early last Feb - planning //funny //funny //funny