Coronavirus pandemic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Coronavirus pandemic

Post by creamolafoam »

Starting to get pretty serious over here now, saying 1 in 5 will get it! That’s over one million in Scotland alone. Sounds a bit scaremongering but you still have to be aware.
Italy in complete lockdown as well.
Anyhoo, nipping up to Lidl to stockpile on Spaghetti hoops & cheap slice to see me through.
And remember.... (as every time you turn the telly on) wash those hands for twenty seconds
Last edited by Hughie on Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Coronavirus pandemic

Post by Meg »

Was wondering how Glenshena is - are you in Italy or here in Scotland? Wherever you are, hope you are ok.

Megx
Jim McCreadie
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Jim McCreadie »

The vast majority of those infected will recover in 3-5 days. China has, by far, the greatest number of infections - 80,000 with 3,000 deaths; (approx 4%). Efforts to minimise the spread must continue with good personal hygiene practices to lead the charge.
Q98
32.04'.04"S 115.48'30"E

"What language are you talking in now? It appears to be Bo**ocks."
Sarah
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Sarah »

Was in the super market this morning around 10- 30, toilet roll shelves were empty lady asked were any more,
answer was they were filled up this morning all gone I said how early do you have to get here to get some he said
about 7am when they open ..Big thing now small freezer are getting snapped up like billy o', some schools are closed
footy will be played without the public don't know what is next, Oh Dear !!!
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Meg wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:26 pm Was wondering how Glenshena is - are you in Italy or here in Scotland? Wherever you are, hope you are ok.

Megx
Thanks for asking Meg. At the moment we are all fine, but that can change daily. Since Monday we are in a 'lock up' situation. Not allowed to leave our houses except for urgent needs and work. The worst being that schools are closed until April 3, and all sports activities have been cancelled, so we have to invent ways of keeping our children occupied all day. Luckily the weather is good and we can stay outside afternoons in the garden. The tourist situation has been hit bad,this week should have been the start of the season, but all hotels and holiday accomodations are having cancellations every day so opening will not be before the end of the month.
I was in Saltcoats at the end of February, just caught storm Dennis, so wasn't out much. I was sorry not to meet up with old friends but thought I would not have been appreciated coming from Italy even though I am perfectly well, so avoided contact. Edinburgh Airport was very busy and I was very surprised and relieved that there were no virus checks on arrival coming from Italy. But oddly I was checked for fever at Milan coming back. But it's since coming back that we have no longer the freedom to live our lives as before. I hope for you that in Scotland it will not come to this.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Stay safe Jean.
Those wimin were in the nip.
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Thanks Ian, much appreciated. Unfortunately just heard that the virus has now arrived in our area which is quite worrying. Have to start wearing masks now but I'll not be going out. Not worth the risk. Buy yours now while they are still available!
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

glenshena wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:43 pm Thanks Ian, much appreciated. Unfortunately just heard that the virus has now arrived in our area which is quite worrying. Have to start wearing masks now but I'll not be going out. Not worth the risk. Buy yours now while they are still available!
Jean - hand sanitiser, anti bacterial soap, pasta and toilet rolls are all off the shelves in our supermarkets now. B&Q have no masks left and seemingly they are not available on line - anywhere. Cant believe the panic buying that is going on - the media have whipped this up to a frenzy. However, the Westminster Health Minister, Nadine Dorries tested positive for the virus and is said to have recovered in 3 days - so really nothing to worry about really - yeah right!!!!!!!
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by creamolafoam »

Juventus have confirmed that Italian international defender Daniele Rugani has tested positive for coronavirus
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

If in doubt buy kitchen towel. Quick.....
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

brian f wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:58 pm If in doubt buy kitchen towel. Quick.....
Ocht, there's always newspaper :surprised:
Those wimin were in the nip.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

bonzo wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:44 am
brian f wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:58 pm If in doubt buy kitchen towel. Quick.....
Ocht, there's always newspaper :surprised:
... or dock leaves //funny