Trees at Rozelle

Other photos that don’t fit elsewhere can be shown in this album.
Forum rules
Show photographs here, which don't fit elsewhere. Use a storage agent such as http://www.imgur.com - our forum attachment system has limited storage and therefore reserved for photos in our Threetowners' Photo Album.
georgersweir
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Trees at Rozelle

Post by georgersweir »

The Ayr Flower Show has been running for the past three days at Rozelle Park. Even without the flower show, the park is worth a visit. Here are a couple of photos taken among the trees. Of course, they don't do justice to the real thing.

Image Image
I'm still saving up for a signature.
little plum
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Trees at Rozelle

Post by little plum »

Hi George, loved the photo's but I know what you mean when you say they don't do it justice. I hadn't realised there were woodland walks there, I've only been there once, many years ago. I used to be a member of Ayr art club and we had an exhibition at Rozelle, all contributers were invited to the opening with free wine provided, I was choking for a pint. My stay was short lived, I couldn't stand listening to the arty farty folk.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The trouble with retirement is that you never get a day off - Abe Lemons
georgersweir
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by georgersweir »

little plum wrote:I used to be a member of Ayr art club and we had an exhibition at Rozelle.
LP

Your association with Ayr art club is interesting. Did you ever meet Iain Hamilton? I don't know him personally but I believe he is local to Ayr. I have one of his paintings that I bought at this year's Rozelle exhibition. Thought you might like to cast an expert eye over the content. Its called 'Hot gossip' :)

I'm still saving up for a signature.
little plum
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by little plum »

Hi George, it was many years ago when I attended the Ayr art club. It was more like a drop in centre where you could work on your canvass and be coached by a more experienced artist, when I went ,it was an older lady, maybe about our age now. :lol: Looking at the quality of your painting I doubt the artist required any coaching and it's title to me speaks for itself, Hot Gossip is open to the imagination, the link is to their hot cuppa, but their conversation could well be red hot. :lol:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The trouble with retirement is that you never get a day off - Abe Lemons