Public & Kyleshill School Class Photo's

Post about your old school - ask about old school pals
isabel p
Settling In
Settling In

Re: Public & Kyleshill School Class Photo's

Post by isabel p »

the wee girl is not me ali, the boy next to her is my late brother david who,s nickname was stookie, the baby in pram is not my brother, the wee girl in the picture is younger than us, i am the same age as you xxx
calleytwo
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by calleytwo »

Thanks Isabel - I had my doubts which is why the question mark - I remember you as being older and darker haired. Trouble is with Mum gone over ten years now I have nobody to check with. Wonder who they were? I hope you are keeping well these days. Wee Ali
isabel p
Settling In
Settling In

Post by isabel p »

its nice to be in touch again,my mum died last thursday she was 87, my dad three years ago. i know you have some good memories of his stories...i dont know who the girl in the photo, but there must be some photos somewhere of us at number 5,maybe you will come across them some day. happy days we had at number 5,good memories isabel xx
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Sorry for your loss, Isabel.
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
calleytwo
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by calleytwo »

isabel p wrote:its nice to be in touch again,my mum died last thursday she was 87, my dad three years ago. i know you have some good memories of his stories...i dont know who the girl in the photo, but there must be some photos somewhere of us at number 5,maybe you will come across them some day. happy days we had at number 5,good memories isabel xx
Sorry about your Mum Isabel - I remember her - a nice lady, both your parents seemed to have a vitality about them. Your mum was the same age as my mum when she died ten years ago. All the family photies are up at my brother John's at Moonta about 90 miles from here. I will have another look through them next time we are up there
We were up there on Sunday for John's 50th wedding anniversary. A bit sad because when I looked in the Bride's Book I was the only survivor of the guests. Just shows you - only the good etc! I enjoyed living at no.5 - there was space enough oot the back to play safely but then it was safe to play everywhere else then. The cuddy Park was great. Different days now. My 15 year old daughter Bonnie has spent more of her life on the computer than she ever did out playing. Kids now have great access to knowledge through the net but I think they miss a lot (and no jist constant skinned knees!). All the best Isabel! Wee Ali
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

I agree wee Ali. the stuff we faced on a daily basis made us what we are. I wonder for our future.. if the internet fails..jings, we're stuffed!lol!
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
isabel p
Settling In
Settling In

Post by isabel p »

i have found a wee photo of us but trying to think how to put in on xxxx
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

isabel p wrote:i have found a wee photo of us but trying to think how to put in on xxxx
this is a photo alistair mcalistair, myself arms round each other, my brother david at front kneeling , dont remember the rest thank you isabel
calleytwo
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by calleytwo »

That's nice Isabel. Thanks for that. Good times as I say. Very fond memories! No wonder I was homesick for years. Wee Ali
isabel p
Settling In
Settling In

Post by isabel p »

i seen somewhere you talking about 5 victoria road and who lived up the close. as you entered the close your family where to the right ,mr and mrs angus to the left up on the first floor was the griffins and the mcveys then up to the top mr and mrs allan and of course my family the pettigrews,.. happy happy days al xxxxx
calleytwo
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by calleytwo »

Yes it was a nice place to live - and no front door on the close in those days. Often wonder how things would have turned out if we had stayed. But then my dad had problems with his health. Thanks for being part of those happy days . Wee Ali
isabel p
Settling In
Settling In

Post by isabel p »

often think of those days, very happy and carefree. remember when we climb over the wall at the bottom of garden into the allotments, boy was the stra,wberries there good and the peapods, those poor people who toiled for hours in their little bits of land, we ate nearly everthing xx