Scotland Football Team.

Talk about your sporting interests here - worldwide or local
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Re: Scotland Football Team.

Post by creamolafoam »

Can't believe how much my interest in the national team has dwindled. Noticed its on one of those obscure pay per view channels as well.
Incredible how we are the only nation from these shores not going to the euros as well, making it nine tournaments on the trot without qualifying.
And lets be honest, we haven't got a cat in hells chance of getting out the world cup qualifiers starting later on this yr, esp with the likes of England and Slovakia(who have just beaten Spain & Germany recently) in our group. How Regan and Strachan are still holding down there jobs, god only knows. Depressing stuff tbh.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Tell me about it. Would be rid of regan in a minute but as a matter of interest who would you replace Strachan with?
Those wimin were in the nip.
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by creamolafoam »

This one always comes up. Who is better than what you have got. That's regans job to scour the world looking for a manager who would fit the bill. Plenty of good managers out there make no mistake.
And another thing, why the hell can we get englands friendlies on terrestrial tv up here yet we cant get our games? Another fine mess by Regan and co.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

They take the money, premier sports signed a 3 game deal for Czech Republic, Italy and France. I am all for Strachan he made mistakes in Dublin and we were terrible in Georgia but hopefully he has learned from those mistakes.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

0-0 half time we've been very luck.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

1-0 Italy half an hour to go :(
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Finishes 1-0 we were lucky at that :-x
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

creamolafoam wrote:Can't believe how much my interest in the national team has dwindled. Noticed its on one of those obscure pay per view channels as well.
Incredible how we are the only nation from these shores not going to the euros as well, making it nine tournaments on the trot without qualifying.
And lets be honest, we haven't got a cat in hells chance of getting out the world cup qualifiers starting later on this yr, esp with the likes of England and Slovakia(who have just beaten Spain & Germany recently) in our group. How Regan and Strachan are still holding down there jobs, god only knows. Depressing stuff tbh.
It's far more depressing to hear a self proclaimed Scottish football fan showing almost complete apathy towards his own national side.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Well I hope I'm going to watch Scotland this weekend as those froggy types are striking allover the place. Air traffic control and rail unions being heavily involved. We're flying into Paris and getting the train to Metz lucky white heather anyone hahaha.
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by creamolafoam »

michaelm wrote:
creamolafoam wrote:Can't believe how much my interest in the national team has dwindled. Noticed its on one of those obscure pay per view channels as well.
It's far more depressing to hear a self proclaimed Scottish football fan showing almost complete apathy towards his own national side.
No point in kidding on everything at the sfa is rosy, cause it ain't. I am a Scotland fan and want us to win in any sport we participate in. But this football we have been watching over the last few yrs has fallen so far we are nearly over the cliff. Needs a complete shake up from top to bottom, and that means Regan and Strachan moved on. So open your eyes to the bigger picture here. Nine, count them, nine tournaments in a row without qualification is a sad indictment on our game, and for now, If they were playing in my back door I would draw the curtains.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Jeez we've been poor this week took a right doing in the past 2 games. Still had a great time in metz and on to Paris tomorrow morning to support Andy :good:
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Here we go again, the road to Russia begins today. On our way to Manchester then Malta in the morning for a change we're going to get some sunshine to go with the football. Cmon Scotland :uke: :drunk: