Scotland Rugby Union team.

Talk about your sporting interests here - worldwide or local
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Scotland Rugby Union team.

Post by Penny Tray »

I shared your anxiety. I thought the old Scottish trait of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory was going to strike again :roll: Credit to Wales, however, for the fight-back.
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

We were at a concert on Saturday so didn't see the game live but I watched yesterday morning. It reminded me so much of the game in 2010 where a couple of sin bins cost us the game. We Rode our luck in the 2nd half and held on by the finger nails.
I really think we've got the beating of France in Edinburgh and should be targeting 4 wins. Pretty sure Ireland will be a step to far but let's see.
Those wimin were in the nip.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Scotland 16 20 France

I thought the quality of that match was very poor.
Sunday's papers will prove Scotland lost... Though many will comment we were robbed.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Just in (again) Brian but in the name of the wee man...
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

bonzo wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:11 am Just in (again) Brian but in the name of the wee man...
You certainly are gallavanting around these cauld Winter weekends bonzo :P The final passage of play yesterday regarding if it was a Scottish try or not took ages to decide and right at the last moment the referee seemed like he was going to award a try only for the TMO sitting in the car park outside getting him to change his mind. That put me in a stinking mood all night... Never even had a shandy.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

:lol: I know we'll grow up one day. It was annoying Brain, everybody and their granny knows the ball was grounded but the TMO/referee must be 100% sure. I think we should be taking the points when on offer, there was 2 or 3 occasions where we had easy penalties and took scrums/line outs. England up next let's get back on track.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Brian :D :D :D :D
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Aye, bonzo😂 Scotland 30 21 England

First of all, Scotland were odds on to beat them -first time I have ever known that..although I prefer Scotland to be underdogs. The first 20 odd minutes when England went 10-0 up I was cursing and swearing wanting rid of Townsend. Brilliant comeback. Now can you excuse me.. I will be supporting the English at Twickenham on 9/3 against the Irish and confident we will beat the Azzurri earlier that day. But the truth is as you know Ireland are some team and can't see the English or Scotland who play them on the final fixture (Dublin)getting a result.But hey ho it's been a very good day ........ Hope you and Mrs b have a great evening :D
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Defeat from the jaws of victory :oops: Well played Italy.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

bonzo wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:44 pm Defeat from the jaws of victory :oops: Well played Italy.
Italy 31 29 Scotland

Cruising bonzo and threw it away. Then a brilliant English victory against the Irish. You could not MAKE today's scores up .. But fantastic to watch.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

We could have been right in the mix to win this Brian but we have blown it now. At least Glenshena will be happy.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Ireland 17 13 Scotland

A brave performance today against this year's Six Nations winners. Scotland were not consistent enough. That's it for this year.