Can you make the connection?

Show the photographs you've taken in this album.
Forum rules
Here you can show the photographs you've taken. Use a storage agent such as https://www.imgur.com - our forum attachment system has limited storage and therefore reserved for photos in our Threetowners' Photo Album.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Can you make the connection?

Post by morag »

loved her books! 8)
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

Morag, got one of her's beside the bed ready to start when I finish the book I am on. Haven't read any of hers before but looking forward to it.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

Just looked lillian's books up. Have made a note to buy "the hills is lonely" from amazon. there is a morag in that book. Ha!! as mad as this may sound, you have to be careful of "residual haunting" in these old, old places. places that absorb events from the past, and replay them like a tape. as i was telling bill, there is an old place i like to sit in stevenston.... Even on the brightest day, it is still out of time in some way.
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
chriso
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by chriso »

You've got my attention Viv, You'll have to elucidate. :?
Idiot - seeks village.
5eulbdog7
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by 5eulbdog7 »

VivAyrshire wrote:Just looked lillian's books up. Have made a note to buy "the hills is lonely" from amazon. there is a morag in that book. Ha!! as mad as this may sound, you have to be careful of "residual haunting" in these old, old places. places that absorb events from the past, and replay them like a tape. as i was telling bill, there is an old place i like to sit in stevenston.... Even on the brightest day, it is still out of time in some way.
Hi Viv i think your right about "residual hauntings" If enough stuff has happened this is probably the cause of the phenomenon.That place i know, a burial cyst was excavated just 60 metres from it.You will think this strange but i'd forgotten that my grannies cousin who was a devout christian committed suicide within 50 metres of this place.When i first stumbled across this place i was a kid and didn't know about either event. BILL
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

some places do have a definite 'feel ' to them. I don't get a sad feeling from that pic though, more of a waiting patiently. Have noticed some houses seem to change owners/tenants very often. I've had a few eerie experiences which almost made me physically sick.
C.S.Lewis
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

but to return to Lillian beckwith- she 's anEnglish woman who due to health problems decides to take a rest leave in the Hebrides. It's fairly light reading but a guaranteed chuckle producer. My mum sent me her books years ago..I'll need to have a wee re-read.. :)
C.S.Lewis
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

I know what you mean, bill!! chriso, if you google "stone tape wikipedia", there is a link to residual haunting. basically, it happens where a traumatic (or very happy event) has occured. basically, the area around the event is absorbing the information. then it may be replayed to sensitive individuals. apparently, old structures especially act like a videotape.
chriso
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by chriso »

VivAyrshire wrote:Just looked lillian's books up. Have made a note to buy "the hills is lonely" from amazon. there is a morag in that book. Ha!! as mad as this may sound, you have to be careful of "residual haunting" in these old, old places. places that absorb events from the past, and replay them like a tape. as i was telling bill, there is an old place i like to sit in stevenston.... Even on the brightest day, it is still out of time in some way.
Viv. I was wondering where the old place that you like to sit at in Stevenston is
Idiot - seeks village.
5eulbdog7
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by 5eulbdog7 »

Viv for what its worth do not divulge the whereabouts of that extraordinary place it belongs to you and you might lose it. Bill
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

Thanks, Bill! I won't !! Same for your's!!

Sorry, Chriso, but you could guarantee EVERYBODY would go investigating, and I would wind up barred !!
//funny //perfect
little plum
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by little plum »

morag wrote:I'd make it happy, few dugs, cats, burdies..grow ma own veggies...
Don't make me laugh, wan night o' the dreaded midge and you would be packing your bags and headin back to the good old US of A. :lol:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The trouble with retirement is that you never get a day off - Abe Lemons