This Morning's Walk

Other photos that don’t fit elsewhere can be shown in this album.
Forum rules
Show photographs here, which don't fit elsewhere. Use a storage agent such as http://www.imgur.com - our forum attachment system has limited storage and therefore reserved for photos in our Threetowners' Photo Album.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

This Morning's Walk

Post by Hughie »

Taken this morning while out for our usual walk for the papers here in Portarlington. The fisherman is our Italian neighbour and that's my fellow walker John McMaster from Kilwinning who lives over the road. The fish is an Australian Salmon, locally known here in the Melbourne area as Bay Trout.

ellenyoung31
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: This Morning's Walk

Post by ellenyoung31 »

As usual Hugh,it is a great photo. Ellen
little plum
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by little plum »

Loved the photo Hughie, it's a fine looking fish. I suspect it was not as big as it looks, with it being nearer the camera. I've used that technique myself when showing off, it compliments the story of " the size of the one that got away". :D
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The trouble with retirement is that you never get a day off - Abe Lemons
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Your right LP. But they are bigger this year than last year. They should be around for the next three months or so.
little plum
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by little plum »

What's the average weight then Hughie, are they nice to eat. :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The trouble with retirement is that you never get a day off - Abe Lemons
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Don't know about the weight but I'd say they are about the size of the Makeral we used to catch at Ardrossan on a spinner - I think around September was the best time. They are better bled too when caught too - very nice when cooked on the day they are caught. King George Whiting are the favourites around here though, really need a boat to get to where they are just a few miles into the bay. Fishing around Geelong Australia
arrangazer
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by arrangazer »

A great photo Hughie that one didnt get away. looks a interesting place to walk early morning.