Out Of This World

Other photos that don’t fit elsewhere can be shown in this album.
Forum rules
Show photographs here, which don't fit elsewhere. Use a storage agent such as http://www.imgur.com - our forum attachment system has limited storage and therefore reserved for photos in our Threetowners' Photo Album.
Bob Bryden
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Out Of This World

Post by Bob Bryden »

Here's a few 35mm slides of the Apollo 11 moon landing in which Neil Armstrong became the first man to walk on the moon. He must have taken the shots of Buzz Aldrin. I bought those copies at the R.A.F. Museum at Hendon in north London but had already seen them & others several years previously. I started my working life in the Maori Land Court section of the Maori Affairs Dept. in Gisborne on the East Coast of the North Island of N.Z. My immediate boss at the time was an Amateur Radio Ham in his spare time through which means amongst his contacts , was a chap who worked for N.A.S.A. in the U.S.A. He sent my boss a number of photos of the Apollo 11 Moon Landing - copies of the ones I've just posted plus some others. My boss lent them to me to view at home.

Note in the shot of the Lunar Landing Module rising back up to rejoin the Command ship you can see earth in the background.
Bob

mckay47
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Re: Out Of This World

Post by mckay47 »

Bob Bryden wrote:Here's a few 35mm slides of the Apollo 11 moon landing
Thanks for these awesome pictures Bob :!: , those were the glory days.
Betty