Coronavirus pandemic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Coronavirus pandemic

Post by bonzo »

Wouldn't expect anything else from the EBC. Scottish Tories complaining that the SNP are using it as a political platform :smt102 WHAT NONSENSE.
Those wimin were in the nip.
exile
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by exile »

bonzo wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:52 am Wouldn't expect anything else from the EBC. Scottish Tories complaining that the SNP are using it as a political platform :smt102 WHAT NONSENSE.
Certainly not as a political platform - she's been to the point throughout.
However, NS would be superhuman, possibly even derelict, if she didn't use these opportunities to make a UK-wide point of difference, just to show independence of mind & people.
That said, remember the drubbing she gave BawJaws' new slogan "Stay Alert", preferring her much clearer and more compelling, er... "Stay Safe"?
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Just read that the average viewing figures for the daily briefings were around 350,000 which is greater than any other daytime program broadcast before 4pm.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Meg- I was initially disappointed when the briefings ended long ago down the road in England. I know the numbers of deaths are much lower than before. Lets hope this continues for is all. :)
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

brian f wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:24 pm Meg- I was initially disappointed when the briefings ended long ago down the road in England. I know the numbers of deaths are much lower than before. Lets hope this continues for is all. :)
Brian - the briefings stopped down south because no one wanted to face the press every day especially the PM. The difference here is the BBC decided to stop broadcasting the briefings - Nicola will continue the briefings on line - but a lot of our elderly population don’t have access to the internet or don’t know how to use it. The BBC decided, the supposed national broadcaster - I’ll leave that fact here ....
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

Meg
I wonder if there was pressure put on the BBC to stop broadcasting them because it was showing up those at Westminster. Piers Morgan has really been very complimentary on Nicola Sturgeon's willingness to keep the nation up to date, telling it as it is and answering questions from the press. He has been crucifying Boris and his government for their mixed messages and their unwillingness to be questioned by him on television. Nicola's daily briefings and the praise she has being getting from various sources is showing them up for what they are, the worst government we have seen in our lifetime.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Without doubt Angus - you’ve hit the nail on the head - no bluster, no lies, no jingoism - just someone treating us like adults and giving the good news with the bad news. I, for one, will continue to listen online - we are heading into the worst possible time to be cut off from vital information -

As for “in our lifetime”, I think more like EVER in the history of Westminster. Inept, morally corrupt, greedy, lying, elitist schoolboys - who are laughing at us openly. And we still have the shortages of Brexit to look forward to...
Meg
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Meg wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:09 pm And we still have the shortages of Brexit to look forward to...
Meg
I dont worry about Brexit.. Meg- now we have Tony Abbott on our case. :P
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Symbol of Hope
We’re told that the virus is
slowly abating
Hope upon hope it’s the end
of our waiting
Hope springs eternal is a
wonderful rhyme
How apt is that in this
moment of time
Hope we’ll get back to the
world we once knew
Not wearing a mask or to
stand in a queue
6 feet away from the person ahead
Empty shelves are the one
thing we dread
How to feed both family and pets
Is this really as bad as it gets
If you could carry hope in your heart
You’ll find your fear will slowly depart
Love is the message to you
that I send
Hope is the answer in this
world without end
Poem by Kaye
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Heard last night that my two elderly neighbours are down with covid. We hadn't seen them for at least 10 days which was very unusual. His son and daughter were here every day whch seemed very strange. He (90) is in the hospital and they expect him to be in for another month, his wife (88) is at home in quarantine. The virus was brought in by their cleaning woman. In the spring they did everything possible to avoid the virus, this time it was brought in to them. So sad. We pray that they will pull through.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Here’s hoping for a positive outcome Jean. I wondered how many of our 3ts community worldwide are going to step up for the vaccine? A conversation I was part of this morning had 6 out of the 7 over 65s saying yes - one who didn’t gave me some thought - she asked if they are using the oldies as Guineapigs :shock:
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

glenshena wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:20 am Heard last night that my two elderly neighbours are down with covid. We hadn't seen them for at least 10 days which was very unusual. His son and daughter were here every day whch seemed very strange. He (90) is in the hospital and they expect him to be in for another month, his wife (88) is at home in quarantine. The virus was brought in by their cleaning woman. In the spring they did everything possible to avoid the virus, this time it was brought in to them. So sad. We pray that they will pull through.
Any news Jean?

Meg