Tutti frutti

Discuss the books you've read, the movies and TV shows you've seen
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Tutti frutti

Post by bonzo »

Decided to watch this again for the first time since it was originally on 30 odd years ago. The story of an ageing rock and roll band about to embark on their 25th anniversary tour. Watched the first 3 episodes last night, the 3rd episode was the one set in Ardrossan they stay in a guest house (Elmwood) and play club paradiso (which if I remember correctly was Rios) before heading off to Arran
Those wimin were in the nip.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Tutti frutti

Post by Meg »

bonzo wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:03 pm Decided to watch this again for the first time since it was originally on 30 odd years ago. The story of an ageing rock and roll band about to embark on their 25th anniversary tour. Watched the first 3 episodes last night, the 3rd episode was the one set in Ardrossan they stay in a guest house (Elmwood) and play club paradiso (which if I remember correctly was Rios) before heading off to Arran
Loved this Bonzo - thought Emma Thomson was magic and Miss Toner (Kate Murphy) was equally amazing.

I’ve been watching Breaking out of the Asylum - Ken Stott, Kate Murphy and David Tennant - a bitter sweet story that has you greetin’ and laughin’ at the same time. Think it was on BBC around 1994.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Need to see if I can find that Meg.

Watched the second 3 episodes of tutti frutti last night I had forgotten how dark it got but really enjoyed it. One of the things that struck me most while watching it was how much Glasgow has changed in the past 30 years.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

bonzo wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:03 pm Decided to watch this again for the first time since it was originally on 30 odd years ago. The story of an ageing rock and roll band about to embark on their 25th anniversary tour. Watched the first 3 episodes last night, the 3rd episode was the one set in Ardrossan they stay in a guest house (Elmwood) and play club paradiso (which if I remember correctly was Rios) before heading off to Arran
bonzo- I want to have a look at that, cant find it on you tube ,netflix and if you search for it on bbc it comes out as" Sorry, this episode is not currently available". ??
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

brian f wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:09 am
bonzo- I want to have a look at that, cant find it on you tube ,netflix and if you search for it on bbc it comes out as" Sorry, this episode is not currently available". ??
Brian, it was shown earlier this year on the new BBC Scotland channel don't know if it is on the iplayer.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

[quote="brian f" post_id=170337
[/quote]

[/quote]

Brian, I don't know if you get the BBC Scotland channel but tutti frutti is getting another airing starting at 11pm tonight.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Thanks , For that bonzo :clap: I have BBC Scotland on my virgin package-Channel 162. The episode is called The boy can't help it.

Oh, And by the way, No chance of me watching Sportscene . :oops:
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Enjoy Brian, there are 6 episodes altogether so maybe try a series link. I guarantee you'll enjoy more than today's match at ibrox :cry:
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Have you read this.

*BILLY Connolly is a towering figure in the history of Scottish comedy. There is none bigger. So it was strange bordering on perverse to hear him deny the existence of Scottish humour. “I will get into trouble for this,” Connolly said while promoting his new book Tall Tales And Wee Stories, “but I don’t think there is such a thing as Scottish humour”.

*The National. About 16 hours ago.

Maybe he has his head screwed on ?