Wimbledon

Talk about your sporting interests here - worldwide or local
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Wimbledon

Post by Hughie »

Should be a great men's final. Pity it doesn't start here till 11PM, so could still be going at 2am or later. :smt102
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

But did anyone watch the mens doubles final? 5 Hours of phenominal tennis by 4 top class players, France versus Colombia. The stamina that these guys have to resist 5 hours, minus 20 minutes while they closed the roof, is unbelievable. There were some great moves between them, I was mesmorised at some points at their ability to keep the ball going. The Columbians just won at the last game, first time ever for this country to win at Wimbledon. Never thought I would sit through 5 hours of tennis but I couldn't tear myself away from this great game. Tennis is a wonderful sport, so much energy needed. Don't grudge paying my TV licence when you get quality programmes like these. :clap:
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Well done to Djokovic the champion . If you thought that final was brilliant i have been swapping channels for over 5 hours the cricket final was SENSATIONAL. Never thought i would ever say this but congrats to England.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Spent the afternoon in the auld brig watching it on a very small telly and my phone, yeez whit a match well done Novak 👍
Those wimin were in the nip.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Absolutely gripping men’s final - well done Novak.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Meg, really thought Federer was going to come through but it's great to watch such drama.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Better planning is required. Mens final at wombles , Cricket World cup final and the British grand prix all on at the same time :roll:
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Aw Brian, Wimbledon is the same fortnight every year the other two need tae sort themselves oot :mrgreen:
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Correct , bonzo- but it must be a bit of a mare for the security officials with 2 big events on in the smoke at the same time. My daughter went to a concert in Wembley recently and it took her 2 hours to get to the nearest tube station on her journey back home.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

bonzo wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:52 pm Meg, really thought Federer was going to come through but it's great to watch such drama.
Me too - but I also wondered if Andy could ever play at that level for that duration again, and I seriously doubt it.