dentists

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

dentists

Post by 5siamese7 »

These are very important people in most peoples lives. I broke a tooth last week and like most of us put off going to see the dentist. Gosh to-day I called in to make an appointment only to be told that he had retired. He was my third dentist and I had him for thirty eight years. He was brilliant and will be a hard act to follow.
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: dentists

Post by michaelm »

First Dentist's I remember were the school one's at St John's, and the sight of the dreaded Caravan parked in the playground usually put the fear of death into some of us kid's.
They were often female and bore a bit of a resemblance to the actress 'Hatti Jacques' character in the 'Carry On Matron' film. Not too many Barbara Windsor's I'm afraid. :lol:
As I got older though I gradually lost any fear I had and must admit I've had mostly good one's over the years since.
One in particular I recall was a girl in her early to mid 20's, Moya Farrell, who practised at the Threetown's Dental Care surgery in Dockhead street, Saltcoats, around 6 years ago. After reading a newspaper article I realised she was the fiancee (now wife) of Scotland International and former Rangers football player Steven Naismith - which led to some friendly 'banter' between us at times in the surgery. :)
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: dentists

Post by 5siamese7 »

The one I went to was a sadist. No anaesthetic and old slow drills and then to be told your nothing but a cry baby.