Waverley entering Ardrossan Harbour

Upload your three towns photographs here - people or places.
Forum rules
Post photographs here, which depict places or people in or from the three towns. You are welcome to upload direct from your computer to this album.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Waverley entering Ardrossan Harbour

Post by Hughie »

I thought this was such a lovely photograph and have to share it with you - we've sailed on the Waverley a few times, and isn't that a classic background view of Arran. Thought there was a few wee white blemishes at the back of the ship but then realised they were seagulls. :roll:

I reckon It would make a nice print or perhaps a painting. I found it at the Paddle Steamer Preservation Society's website - Scottish section: http://www.paddlesteamers.org/events/ev ... -20140808/
brvhrtjimmy
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Re: Waverley entering Ardrossan Harbour

Post by brvhrtjimmy »

yes nice photo Hughie, a trip on the waverly is a day well spent, although this one I did was a night well spent,she was chartered by the vine trust and tickets were limited we went right up to rothsey turned around and back down,with a docking at millport both ways , was a great night I thoughraly enjoyed it, this is her entering ardrossan and photo's of people waiting to board her and the band that played in the bar
waverlyship-tile.jpg
James Barr (Brvhrtjimmy)
Last edited by Hughie on Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Replaced Photobucket images