Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Buffalo Bill

Post by Archivist »

To: <threetowners@topica.com>
Sent: Friday, August 18, 2000
Subject: Buffalo Bill

Dear All,
I have a historical enquiry from a friend of mine who is researching Native American history and he reckons there was a "Wild west Show" with Buffalo Bill in Saltcoats Public Park during September 1904. What we are looking for, is the location of the Public Park. There was an obscure reference to a Kerr Avenue but that doesn't appear to be near any open areas. Any info would be gratefully received. Thanks.
Cheers
Andy Bryson

Sent: Friday, August 18, 2000

Hi Andy,
Here is what bonnie Jean posted to the list last December:
Hope this helps. Hugh McCallum
Quote:
A list member put out a posting about the Beach Pavilion had something to do with the war effort. There is a small article about it's demolition in this week's A&S herald. It was used as an intelligence base during WW2 and also Buffalo Bill and his wild west show played there. The site is to be made into a complex housing two cinema's, cafe, bar, restaurant, games machines (Pokies to our Aussy pals) and play area's for the wean's, bairn's, sprog's, rug rat's, kid's or whatever you want to call the little "Darling's".
Cheers Jean Boyce > Saltcoats.

Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2000

The park referred to in Saltcoats may be (or used to be) between Kerr Avenue and Millar Rd.I used to play there as a lad . I don't know if it is still there.

Bob Galloway