Archivist
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Ardeer Follies

Post by Archivist »

To: <threetowners@topica.com>
Sent: Saturday, April 15, 2000
Subject: [3T] Memories

Hello, there my name is Alex McMillan. I was wondering if anyone remembers the Ardeer Follies. I used to sing and travel all over scotland with them. That would be around 45years ago,my sister Agnes was in charge then. I also sang with Robert Wilson in Largs.

To: <threetowners@topica.com>
Sent: Monday, April 17, 2000
Subject: Re: [3T] Memories

Remember the Ardeer Follies!! I was in then for a year 43 years ago. It was hilarious on the bus to and from gig's, one guy used to tune his bagpipes at the back of the bus and what a racket it made along with everyone practising there song's and even a few dance step's in the aisle. My singing was so bad that when we did a dance routine I had to pretend to be singing by mouthing the word's. The Erskine hospital for the war veteran's was one of the places we used to go to and one of the turns we tapped danced to the Yellow rose of Texas and some old guy shouted "You lot ur no fae Paris" We looked really swell in our yellow and green cowgirl costumes. I can only remember a few names Ann and Mary Malone from Kilwinning a Mrs Reid married to Wullie Reid a bus driver with the Western I think she made the costumes as I remember going to her house at the bottom end of Stevenston for fitting's, Ian Dobson I don't know what part he had in it. To long ago to remember anything else.
I just know we had a whale of a time.

Jean Boyce Saltcoats

Ps What branch of the McMillan's are you from? as
that is one of my family name's.