muggings

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: muggings

Post by Vivc113 »

Hmm. Years ago a neighbour was threatened outside late at night. He was shouting up to our house at the time but we never heard him.

After that, the shock was too much and he was dead within the year.

These toons are getting worse. Plus an attempt last night to bundle a young boy into a van up at Stanley Road.
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

5siamese7 wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:00 pm I walk up to the cross to get my paper on a Sunday and I wear photochromics and recently I was asked by an iffy guy for a light and that was at 9-30 in the morning. He probably thought I was partially sighted and was trying it on. However my reply was "sorry pal" and with the menacing look I gave him he cleared off. Think i'll stop going up there because its likely that one day I will meet a really crazy person.
Strangely enough Bill, I was walking just up past the Library in Townhead Street this morning when a guy walking towards me on the pavement asked if I had a light. I smiled and calmly replied "Sorry, I don't smoke, I stopped 5 years ago" .. he smiled back at me and said "Ok thanks anyway" even giving me a wee thumbs up. He was quite a rough looking guy round the edges and was also sporting a bit of an untidy looking beard, so I'm sure he'd easily have made it into the 'iffy' looking category.

Turned out there was absolutely nothing to be concerned about though. :)
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Thing is Michael you look fit and slim not fat and out of condition with grey hair.
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

Don't be so unkind to yourself Bill, for your age you're actually a fairly fit looking guy. As for myself, I readily confess to not being half as fit as I used to be.

The point I was trying to make is that any encounter's with so called 'iffy' looking' strangers who approach you in the street won't necessarily mean that they have ill intent on their mind.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

Thank you for your kind words and although i'm not very tall I have the same feet size as Silvester Stallone.