Countess Street Renovations

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
madge
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Countess Street Renovations

Post by madge »

Wonder who will finish the work started by Land Engineering who are now in liquidation?

The yard at Manse Street is closed and no sign of any workers for the last 2 days.

Madge
Trust in God but row away from the rocks
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Countess Street Renovations

Post by bonzo »

Read this today, no doubt someone make a killing on it.
Those wimin were in the nip.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

Disgusting. :evil:
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by stivis »

Land Engineering will finish it, under the New company via the French buyers (idverde) of the assets, PLUS NAC will foot the larger bill for the completion
AND Land Engineering were a Dormant Company and have been for at least 5 years, so what village idiot gave then the job in the first place?
PLUS Underneath that lot the Sewage system HAS NOT been upgraded and it's about 70 years old.
The block work hasn't got a solid bed, it is smooth and that's going to be great in late November to January( Did you fall ? No I was only breaking a bar of toffee in my back pocket) and there are no service(electrical supplies) ducts
You should be aware that Land engineering have a contract (so I'm told) to carry on up Dockhead Street

at the Council meetings,all You're going to get the Bitchin between the SNP and Labour over this, and the New Tories pontificating "Nothing to Do with us"
Well you voted for them( non UK resident excepted)
This could have been prevented,very very easily.
By my estimate it's cost the people £250,000 on Friday

Strange that it was working on wednesday and closes on wednesday and sold on wednesday, (it takes 4 working days to post the notice in the Edinburgh Gazette)
EY in the article stands for Ernst and Young I'd suggest that you google them for their background

I do have a certain concern about this statement,in the article
"A North Ayrshire Council spokesperson said: “We are reviewing the situation daily but have already developed an action plan to complete the outstanding public realm improvements works in Countess Street."
They can "review"it all they like BUT there is NOTHING they can do about it....ZERO NADA,ZILTCH,
What you have is a cliched statement to reassure but is totally meaning less
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

stivis wrote:You should be aware that Land engineering have a contract (so I'm told) to carry on up Dockhead Street
Oh no !!! :lol:
stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by stivis »

Yep, I believe it's a 2 year contract and £2 million...Which will go overtime and budget,
If the council retained the block currently used it is simply replaceable and cheaper Also given the shape of the blocks,it can be lifted and replaced with anyone knowing
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

Vivc113 wrote:Oh no !!! :lol:
Aye Viv, if ye didnae laugh you'd greet :lol:
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

I had a good look at the road surface in Dockhead Street today and really don't see any urgent necessity for major road works. The surface is still in good condition .
stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by stivis »

Maybe if there were fewer cars using the street it'll last longer!!! Ever noticed it's mostly small 4x4s?
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

glenshena wrote:I had a good look at the road surface in Dockhead Street today and really don't see any urgent necessity for major road works. The surface is still in good condition .
But this is N.A.C. They don't go by the rules of 'If it ain't broken, don't fix it'.

They are: 'If it's OK, let's break it'.
stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by stivis »

They have a special department for that kind of thing. It's called "Customer Prevention" usually headed by some clown who persists in calling you "Bud" or" Mate"