Arran ferry

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Arran ferry

Post by Vivc113 »

The Troon facebook campaign are pretty much suggesting Ardrossan 'let' it all happen over the years.

I may not agree with Troon fb page but they are one heck of a determined bunch.
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

I can get my nickers in a twist about this one.
What is the added value to the travelling community in general in changing from Ardrossan to Troon? None that I can think of. I get the impression that it's just Troon wanting the business for themselves.
If it aint broke, don't fix it. It has worked well for generations. I just don't see the point. One harbour will end up with unused facilities, and the other will have to spend a great deal to replace them. It makes no sense at all. The question of employment in an area where it is badly needed Vv in one where it is in poor supply, just makes it all the more ridiculous.
JD.
stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by stivis »

JD Troon is losing money at present and needs the investment of the Scottish Administration, it is not going to use it's leafy suburb money in Scotland,it'll be wanting anything invested with them to be underwritten, , as i said it'll be the Campbeltown route replayed
I understand that the funding from Troon to provide fascilities is a teaser but what of the long term.
There is NO long term commitment, on the table, PLUS P+O are big enough to circumvent any any thing, they after all pulled the plug on the previous route to Larne a year ago, after a run of 18 months, any commitment by Troon is worth as much as a soaking bog roll dragged by a Labrador puppy

An aside Ardrossan used to provide Isle of Man,North and South ireland crossings both freight and passenger ,none of these were Cal-Mac based but out with the area ie not Scottish,
and bordering on a rant,Troon is taking the pee, and I seem to be the only one who see what is going on.
Maybe the reading of Sun-Tsu did not go amiss
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

Troon fb page have just announced there will be a 2m sports waterpark coming in Troon if they get the contract. Plus skating, etc.
stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by stivis »

Was it the Site Owners or the Troon Council?
I think we're back to the Labrador .

If it's handed to Troon , get the Holding company to underwrite the project long term , with a penalty clause( a Contract Under Scottish Law) including Judicial Rate interest(currently 8%) If and when they do a runner,
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

Hmm. The Troon campaign is apparently run by local Troon business people. Actually they did not explain whether the waterpark will be to do with the Council, whilst accusing ASH of getting carried away.
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

Maybe it's time the good citizens of Ardrossan got off their backsides and started their own campaign. I'm sure they could depend on support from the other two toons. It's high time they amalgamated anyway. Together they would be able to have a bigger say in the region.
It's been a policy here in NL for a good many years now; amalgamating smaller, adjoining boroughs into larger ones. In the beginning, it meets resistance from the individual towns, but eventually there are many advantages. I'm pretty sure there would not be a lot of resistance to the three of us getting together. We've been joined at the hip for years.
'He who shouts loudest gets heard.' There's a proverb for you. I just made it up. Unfortunately it's the way it works theses days.
JD.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

There is a campaign by Ash on facebook John. It is only just starting to get better though.

They should put signs up all over the toons and get folk marching. Unfortunately the decision re: ferry will be made soon.

Money talks Jd. Always did.
stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by stivis »

The Troon campaign is apparently run by local Troon business people.
Don't see them investing in anything except themselves
Actually they did not explain whether the waterpark will be to do with the Council
Council cuts and private enterprise That'll not be happening,Troon while prosperous relative to here aren't going to chuck money at the project, and they should not even be thinking about it
, whilst accusing ASH of getting carried away.
ASH are indeed full of it,ASH are Labour orientated and election are in about 10 weeks time........( previous on Labradors puppies applies)

JD, there is under the EU rules a part where a company can't cause damage by removing and shutting or causing the shut down of a business that is essential to to the area.
It's under the European Commission
Consider that IF the MEPs (and representatives) for Scotland had got off their backsides ICI (for example)could not have sold off their assets and company so quick
stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by stivis »

Ardrossan plans from the Big Herald

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/1513 ... /#gallery0

Small point they can do this for £15m yet the
Building on this post cost £3m

http://www.threetowners.net/forum/viewt ... 36&t=13947

Well over priced in the latter's case
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

Breaking news:

The Government STAG Report is showing preference for the ferry to remain in Ardrossan.

Final decision in April.
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

Hi Viv.
I wish you home birds would stop using acronyms like STAG, or write them full out.
They are meaningless to us furriners.
JD.