More misery on local roads.

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
chef
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

More misery on local roads.

Post by chef »

Montgomerie Street in Ardrossan is closed for approx 3 months to allow access /service work to the new amenity housing complex (an entirely laudable addition to the housing stock), however the road closures have been less well thought out.No Access from the ferry area means all traffic must proceed up Glasgow Street to the Lights at the top and then go left or right depending on where they wish to go.Turning left is a total nightmare (at busy times) because the incoming traffic from W K and bypass must use Eglington Road to top of Glasgow street causing additional traffic at the lights on the Dalry Road/ Eglington Road intersection..Tail backs are so bad there that often traffic is half way down Glasgow street and almost back to the Academy on Parkhouse Road. Surely in this high tech age we live in it is not beyond the ken of trafffic comissioners to amend the sequence of the lights both Glasgow Street and also DalryRoad/Eglington Road junction. This need not be a permanent arrangement . just till Montgomerie Street reopens.I am sure local businesses are being adversly impacted by all this and i am sure tourists are delighted to sit for an extra 10 to 15 minutes gazing at the car ahead.
aland
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Re: More misery on local roads.

Post by aland »

agree there plus the amount of folk that have failed to read the signs from both ends is crazy, I have seen caravans, eddie stobart and other lorries and a shedload of cars go through the chicane of cones at the fire station then realise that the road is actually shut, also from the north crescent end folk have been going wrong direction down caledonia road and having to do dangerous 3 point turns. now the signs are there, there is also plenty of cones but are folk thick or too busy following their sat navs

now it used to be the main route to the ferry was glasgow street and only locals used montgomerie street but when it got re-signposted a few years back the traffic increased dramatically, now montgomerie street is wide enough to cope but north crescent isnt, it is about half the width and really cant cope with HGV's. I know before they too the old shell bridge away there was a 7.5 tonne limit on it that stopped the artics.
call me alan or al, labels are for tins of beans or soup not people. We are all Jock Tamson's bairns
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

I actually thought the topic title here was going to be about another recent local road traffic accident, with either serious injuries to those involved, or even fatalities. Thank goodness that's not the case though and it just seems to be about some irate motorists having to wait a few short minutes more than usual to get from A to B.

Amen. :)
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Cycled along Montgomery St the other day and nipped through the barriers. Can't really see why they've shut it off, there was nothing happening.
Those wimin were in the nip.
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by creamolafoam »

bonzo wrote:Cycled along Montgomery St the other day and nipped through the barriers. Can't really see why they've shut it off, there was nothing happening.
It's closed (12wks) because I'm sure they are opening up the main sewer. New build of seventy houses apparently.