What's happened.

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: What's happened.

Post by morag »

I've met and helped a few needy people, both in person and through charities. Not as many as I'd like, but have taken in strays, dogs, cats, folk.
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
MANBEAR
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by MANBEAR »

The name Manbear has stuck with me from school days because I look liked a bear and bunched like a man :(
Ian
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

MANBEAR wrote:The name Manbear has stuck with me from school days because I look liked a bear and bunched like a man :(
Ian
bunched? lol!
C.S.Lewis
MANBEAR
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by MANBEAR »

Should have been punched :( :(
Ian
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

MANBEAR wrote:Should have been punched :( :(
Ian
So I'm guessing a fierce big yin? My youngest son, Nick got called moose, he wasn't aggressive or big, just wouldn't back down. Incidentally he got the name because he mistook the name of a neighbour's daughter for Moosie..it was Ruthie her mum called... :)
He's been Moose since.
C.S.Lewis
MANBEAR
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by MANBEAR »

That was my problem would,t back away from anything or anyone.
Only time was when an ex from lower end of Stinson by the railway asked me to walk away and leave her new boy alone it was hard because he was an animal to her but she said she loved him.
Ian
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

MANBEAR wrote:That was my problem would,t back away from anything or anyone.
Only time was when an ex from lower end of Stinson by the railway asked me to walk away and leave her new boy alone it was hard because he was an animal to her but she said she loved him.
Ian
tough call.
C.S.Lewis
MANBEAR
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by MANBEAR »

Had a wee visit home to Saltcoats at the end of Nov.and enjoyed a walk through the town with a stop at the Windy Ha for a pint as it was closed last time I visited great to see it open again,a stroll down Countess Street notice work getting done to the old town hall/countess cinema then onto Dockhead Street and a look up Green Street which I frequented sometime when I was you and daft to the police station which seems to be no longer.
Then down to Eglinton cafe in Windmill Street for a fish supper where I noticed a collection box for the towns Xmas lights which I gave too,sorry to see this as I had hoped Cunningham council would have done something this year,sorry to see a couple of good pubs and eating establishments shut.
The only negative was when you said good morning to people in the street they looked at you as if you had horns.
Ian
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

MANBEAR wrote:Had a wee visit home to Saltcoats at the end of Nov.and enjoyed a walk through the town with a stop at the Windy Ha for a pint as it was closed last time I visited great to see it open again,a stroll down Countess Street notice work getting done to the old town hall/countess cinema then onto Dockhead Street and a look up Green Street which I frequented sometime when I was you and daft to the police station which seems to be no longer.
Then down to Eglinton cafe in Windmill Street for a fish supper where I noticed a collection box for the towns Xmas lights which I gave too,sorry to see this as I had hoped Cunningham council would have done something this year,sorry to see a couple of good pubs and eating establishments shut.
The only negative was when you said good morning to people in the street they looked at you as if you had horns.
Ian
Sorry to hear that Ian. Last few times I've been home I'm saddened to see quality shops closed to be replaced by pound shops and the like, and folk selling the big issue? on the streets..Hopefully it will improve, under a tory gov, or a pretend labour gov. ah hae ma doots!
C.S.Lewis
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Big issues are sold in most places and Pound shops are everywhere . No disgrace for Saltcoats . When i was last up the road about 4 years ago i found the locals friendly as always.
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

MANBEAR wrote:The only negative was when you said good morning to people in the street they looked at you as if you had horns.
Ian
Most folk here in the Threetowns are very friendly and helpful people. To suggest otherwise is nonsense.

morag wrote:Sorry to hear that Ian. Last few times I've been home I'm saddened to see quality shops closed to be replaced by pound shops and the like, and folk selling the big issue? on the streets.
Well well, the old 'Pound shops' and 'Big issue sellers' narrative being rolled out once again by someone who hasn't even lived here for decades.
I've yet to hear you say anything positive about the Threetowns these days morag. It's almost like you have an agenda.
:santa03:
MANBEAR
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by MANBEAR »

Machealm here we go again can nobody have an opinion but you have to rubbish it,I had a great visit this time if you were in the pub people spook but walking down the street that was different when you said good morning they just looked at you maybe it was my face.
manbear