Spring Colours

Other photos that don’t fit elsewhere can be shown in this album.
Forum rules
Show photographs here, which don't fit elsewhere. Use a storage agent such as http://www.imgur.com - our forum attachment system has limited storage and therefore reserved for photos in our Threetowners' Photo Album.
Retsum
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Spring Colours

Post by Retsum »

I really like this time of the year when plants are springing into colour. I particularly like the mellow yellow of the gorse and the pink of the cherry tree. Both only last a little while but while in bloom they are spectacular.

The gorse images I took on the coast road between MacDuff and Gardenstown. Driving that road is an adventure on its own: it turns and twists with hairpin bends steep climbs and dramatic decents. I enjoy it but 'hur ben the hoosse disnae like it'.

In the first image you can just about see, through the upper twigs of the trees on the right, clumps of houses. That is Gardenstown - or at least the upper part of it. The lower part and the harbour are hidden. The descent down to the harbour is really steep (not quite as steep as the decsent to Pennan which is just a bit further along). You may be just about see a strip of cottages in the distance. That is Crovie (on the road signs) but Crivie locally. The cottages are so close to the sea that cars cannot be driven along there. The residents all have wheelbarrows to carry shopping from their cars to their houses!

The second image is on one of those hairpin bends I mentioned. The problem is always finding somewhere to park safely.

The third image is misleading: there is actually a deep rivine between the two rows of gorse. I was too chicken to venture further into it.

The last image was taken here in Turriff, just 100 yards from the house.

Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Spring Colours

Post by Meg »

Fantastic photos Retsum - thanks for sharing.

Meg
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Spring Colours

Post by michaelm »

Great photo's, especially the first one, stunning view there. :)