Jumping Crocodiles

Show the photographs you've taken in this album.
Forum rules
Here you can show the photographs you've taken. Use a storage agent such as https://www.imgur.com - our forum attachment system has limited storage and therefore reserved for photos in our Threetowners' Photo Album.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Jumping Crocodiles

Post by Hughie »

We had a trip down the Adelaide River near Darwin to see the jumping crocodiles. Very scary things – glad of the safety of the boat. This was a female.
This was a male
Later had a couple of ice cold beers (it was 33 deg Celsius) in the busy outback ‘Humpty Doo’ pub – no crocodile Dundee but there were a few other characters there.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Jumping Crocodiles

Post by Vivc113 »

Fantastic pix !!! Glad not to be in the water with it (ha ha).
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

Sorry to be a party-pooper, but I'm not a fan of wild animals doing party tricks as a tourist attraction.
JD.
hahaya2004
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by hahaya2004 »

That's my opinion too, JD. I fully agree with you.
The most important hour is always the present, the most significant person is the one opposite you right now, and the most necessary deed is always love. - Meister Eckhart (c.1260 - c.1328)
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

If somebody dangled a juicy steak under my nose pretty sure i would jump for it. These crocs look by the photo to have freedom, unlike the poor animals banged up in the zoo.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

I'd dance fur a steak :hi:
Those wimin were in the nip.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

John Donnelly wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:43 am Sorry to be a party-pooper, but I'm not a fan of wild animals doing party tricks as a tourist attraction.
JD.
If it was in a zoo I can see your point but they are in their natural environment are in no distress and are good at it. I remember when I was in OZZ I went to this animal park and this crock was in a pen and had green mould on its back and looked miserable and dehydrated. I said to it "hey you in jail" and poured the contents of my water bottle on its back. I'm glad I did that and I wish it was back in its natural environment enjoying life and hopefully a nice steak from a friendly human though I doubt if it was a jumper. When I was out there a bloke was eaten by a croc in Queensland and it turned out he was Scottish and I said to our guide you never know your luck and she said she wouldn't want the paperwork which I found very amusing.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Yes, Bill. They are in a natural environment in the Adelaide River - these are salties and further inland are their freshwater cousins. On the other hand there are crocodile farms here run by the handbag makers - they are a different thing.
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

Sorry folks,
jumping out of the water to snatch lumps of meat in mid air is not natural behaviour for these animals.
JD.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

j.d- I used to holiday in South Devon.Anyway if the weather was nice sitting outside having some lunch used to be a mare- seagulls would swoop and steal anything aff your plate.

But i know what you are saying like....
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

I'm not quite sure it's that jD, feeding a croc should not be road show
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis